- 50 grams white quinoa
- 300 grams Self Raising Flour
- 60 grams Butter, cold from fridge, chopped
- 200 grams Silverbeet or Spinach, finely chopped, approx 1 cup
- 100 grams reduced fat feta, coursly chopped
- 250 grams buttermilk
- 30 grams quinoa, for sprinkling
- Soak Quinoa in a bowl of water for at least 15 mins. meanwhile....
- Preheat oven 220 degrees and line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Place flour and butter in jug and pulse 3-4 times until the mix resembles bread crumbs.
- Add spinach, feta, drained quinoa and buttermilk, and mix 5 sec speed 6
- Knead 2 mins
- Remove from jug, form into a ball and place on baking tray. Using a sharp knife make approx 4 slits in the top approx 10 cm deep. Sprinkle remaining quinoa over top.
- Bake for 15 mins, then reduce heat to 180 degrees and continue cooking for a further 30 mins or until sounds hollow when tapped on the base. Serve warm with butter.
Accessories you need
Converted from Coles jan/feb 2015 magazine article 3 ways with Quinoa.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Gluten, Grain and Nut free Bread rolls
- Choc-orange drizzle/dip
- Healthy Chocolate Brownies
- Mayonnaise sushi style
- butternut snap biscuits
- Suz's best Banana and date bread
- Coconut milk using fresh cocout
- spanakopita pie
- Gluten and sugar free "Birdseed" Muesli Bars
- Blood Orange Sorbet
- Coconut milk- using heat
- Coconut milk
- Pecan biscuits
- JCN Protein Balls (sugar free)
- Spicy Peanut Satay Sauce (Thick)
- Chicken and Corn Risotto
- Gluten Free Chocolate Brownie
- Flourless Almond, coconut and vanilla cake
- Nectarine & Blood Orange Frangipane Tart
- Variation Plum crumble cake
- Traditional Welsh Cakes
- Mars Bar Cheesecake
- Violet Crumble Cheesecake