- 300-310 grams White Baker's Flour
- 150 grams Wholemeal Baker's Flour, Can use 450g white flour if not wanting wholemeal wraps
- 175 grams water
- 210 grams Sourdough starter, Feed 1hr prior to making wraps
- 50 grams extra virgin olive oil, Plus more for greasing
- 1 pinch salt
6h 15minPreparation 6h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Lightly grease a large bowl or thermoserver with oil
2. Add all ingredients to TM bowl and mix 10 seconds / Speed 4
3. Knead 3 minutes
4. Remove dough (it will be sticky) to oiled bowl/server. Must allow the dough to rest for a MINIMUM of 4-6hours (ideally overnight).
Once dough has risen
5. Heat a large fry pan (non stick/stainless steel/cast iron etc) to a medium heat
6. Depending on the size of your fry pan take a ball of dough and roll into a large circle. If wanting wraps roll thinner and rounder than for tortillas
7. DRY fry wraps on one side until lots of little bubbles form on the surface. Then flip and cook for 3-4 minutes on the other side
Transfer to thermoserver or wrap in a tea towel to keep warm until serving.
Preparing The Dough
Accessories you need
These wraps freeze and defrost really well
Keep in a sealed container for 3-5 days or freeze
A great accompaniment to pulled pork/lamb/chicken, fresh salads or to use as quick pizza bases
The sourdough tang really makes these wraps super special
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Capers and Lemon Aioli
- Raw Coconut Rough - paleo & vegan
- Hunters Healthy Beef and Veg Sausage Rolls
- Italian Beef Ragu
- Choc Chunky Cookie Dough Cheesecake
- Cinnamon swirl cake
- Raw Blueberry Cashew Cheesecake (Dairy Free)
- Caitys chutney
- Japanese coconut buns
- Quick Beef Pho for Two
- Quick Gluten Free Bread Rolls
- Quick Gluten Free Pizza Dough