- 310 grams Milk
- 180 grams Butter, unsalted
- 220 grams sugar, raw
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamon pods
- Yeast, packet
- 655g grams plain or bakers flour
- 1 egg, beaten
Place sugar and cardamon in TM bowl and mil for 15 sec speed 9, reserve to the side. Place milk and bowl and heat for 3.5 minutes 90 deg speed 2. Add butter and mix for 30 sec speed 3. Add sugar and cardoman mixture, yeast and pinch of salt, mix 30 sec speed 3. Add flour and mix for 5 sec on speed 5. Set timer for 3 minutes and kneed . Reserve dough for two hours or until double in size.
Punch dough down onto floured surface and roll into rectangle of 30cm x 45cm with long side facing you.
Add sugar for 5 sec speed 9 then add cinnamon for 5 sec speed 4. Reserve
Place butter into and melt for 2 minutes speed 2.
Brush melted butter over two thirds of dough and then scatter two thirds of dough with sugar misture. Fold bottom third of dough over filling then brush with remailing butter and scatter with most of the rest of sugar mixture. Fold over top two thirds to cover.
Cut foldered dough vertically into strips (about 30) and take two strips at a time and twist together and lightly press the ends together. Form a coil form twisted trips and place in patter case. Repeat until dough finished. Set buns aside on baking tray for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 190c. Brush buns with egg wash and sprinkle with remain sugar. Cook for 10-12 minutes untll golden brown and cooked through.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Hemp rolls Vegan/Paleo/Gaps
- Artisan apple bread
- Cheese and bacon loaf
- Pizza buns
- 2 Ingredient Yoghurt Bread
- Berliner (German jam filled donuts)
- Subway style Italian rolls
- Low carb bread rolls
- Middle Eastern BBQ'd Pumpkin Bread
- Alkalising GF/DF/EF/YF bread
- Japanese coconut buns
- Quick Gluten Free Bread Rolls
- raspberry & coconut slice
- Lisa's Banana Muffins
- Hot cross buns
- Protein bars
- Chocolate Crackle Egg Nests
- Vegan “cheese” puffs
- Sweet curry with crumbed chicken on cous cous
- CREAM FILLED ECLAIRS WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- Banana Spelt Muffins
- White Chocolate & Cream Cheese Buttercream Icing
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Quick Mix Vanilla Ice Cream