- 400g sweet potato, White or orange
- 500ml water
- 1tsp salt
- 1tbsp sugar
- 15g Butter
- 250ml Milk, Room temperature
- 2tsp dry yeast, Or 20g compressed
- 600-750g bread flour
- 1tsp bread improver
2h 40minPreparation 2h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Peel & dice the sweet potato and place into the TM Cover with 500ml cool water.
- Cook for 18-20min ,,120C until tender.
- When tender, reserve 65ml of the cooking liquid then drain the potatoes.
- Return the potatoes to the TM bowl and add the salt, sugar, butter and milk. Mix well Sp4, 10s till smooth.
- Empty the potato into a spare bowl.
- Return the reserved liquid to the TM bowl (make sure it is not still too hot) and add the yeast. Mix at 37C, Sp 2, 2 minutes.
- Add the reserved mashed potato, bread improver and approximately 600g of bread flour.
- Knead for 2 minutes then check consistency. If the dough is too sticky add more flour and continue kneading for another 4 minutes.
- Turn the dough into a greased bowl. Form into a ball and turn over, greased side up. Cover loosely with a tea towel or silicon lid and leave in a warm spot to rise till doubled in size. About an hour.
- Place a large Dutch oven in the oven and pre-heat to 230C.
- When the dough has risen knock it down and form into a loaf or cob (depending on your Dutch oven)place your loaf on a large sheet of baking paper. Make a few shallow cuts across the top. Sprinkle with flour and cover loosely before setting aside to rise again.
- Once your loaf has doubled in size, carefully remove the Dutch oven from the oven, place your loaf inside and replace the lid before returning the pan to the oven.
- Bake for 30 min then remove the lid and continue cooking for another 5-10min.
sweet potato purée
This makes a very big loaf. You could bake it in two traditional loaf tins if preferred otherwise you need a big Dutch oven.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Crunchy French baguettes
- Oatmeal bread
- Gluten Free Tortillas
- Brötchen (German bread rolls)
- Spelt and Pumpkin seed Bread (lower GI, higher protein, multigrain and seeds)
- Langos (Hungarian fried potato bread)
- Cheese Sandwich
- "Fluffy French Toast w Puddles of Love"
- Rice bread
- Mexican Sandwich
- Cinnamon scrolls
- Peanut Salad Dressing Recipes
- Calamansi Jam/Marmalade
- Super simple Orange and poppy seed cake...perfect for kids to make!
- Sweet Potato & Lentil Soup
- Creamy chicken pasta / Mac
- Pumpkin spiced cookies
- Lasagne with Spinach and Ricotta
- The Best butter cream frosting
- Mel’s anything goes Rocky Road
- Date, Apricot and Orange Scones
- Variation Balti Beef Curry
- Curried Sausages