- 1 tablespoon dried yeast, (2 x 7 g sachets)
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 125 g water
- 90 g bakers flour
- 250 glukewarm water
- 40 g extra virgin olive oil
- 390 g bakers flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 25 g Milk
- Nigella or sesame seeds
Recipe is created for
- Place yeast, sugar and 125g water into TM bowl. Mix for 2mins at 37degrees on speed 2. Leave in bowl for 8 mins until frothy.
Add 90g bakers flour and mix for 1 minute at 50 degrees on speed 2. Leave in bowl approx 30 mins to form a "sponge"
Add remaining water, bakers flour, oil, and salt to mxiture. Combine for 10 seconds on speed 5. Set dial to closed lid position and knead for 3 minutes on interval speed.
Turn out onto well floured thermomat or into a large bowl. The mixture is very sticky! Wrap in thermomat (or cover bowl with damp teatowel)and leave at room temp for approx 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
(From this point, you can either proceed with baking bread, or refridgerate for 24 hours for later use. Take out of fridge 3 hours before using so that it can warm to room temp).
Turn on oven to preheat to 220 degrees C.
Knock air out of dough and divide into 2 pieces. Shape each piece into a "round" approx 20cm diameter. Cover with damp tea towel or a thermomat and leave for approx 30 mins.
Place floured thermomat (or baking paper) onto baking tray. As you lift each 'round' onto baking tray, stretch slightly into an oval approx 30cm long by 15cm wide.
Place egg and milk into TM bowl. Mix for 5 seconds on speed 5. Brush egg mixture liberally over bread surface. Using your fingertips, make deep indentations across and down the dough, leaving a narrow border. Sprinkle with nigella or sesame seeds.
Bake 10-12 minutes until surface is crisp and golden brown.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Filipino Pandesal
- MIxed Grain Bread rolls
- Cheese and Vegemite Scrolls
- Aleesha’s Keto Wraps
- 5 hours Dutch oven Bread
- Easy Multigrain Bread
- Simple German Soft Pretzels & Pretzel Dogs
- High Fat seed bread
- Cob Loaf - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- No Roll Scones - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Gluten Free Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Chelsea Winter’s Afghan Biscuits
- Plant Paradox Pesto
- Bakso Goreng (Fried Meatball)
- Japanese cotton cheesecake
- Risoles (Indonesian)
- Chocolate Scottish Tablet (Crumbly Chocolate Fudge)
- Chedar Cheese Spread (Like Cheez Whizz)
- Chocolate Cake
- Filipino Pandesal
- Easy Gluten Free Blueberry & Ricotta Cake
- Spiced Apricot Beef