- 300 grams water
- 2 tsp dried instant yeast
- 20 g olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 500 grams plain flour, use bakers flour if possible
- vegemite, to taste
- 250 gram cheese, grated, more or less to taste
1h 20minPreparation 45minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1. Begin by weighing water, yeast, oil and salt into the thermomix bowl, warm for 2 min/37c/sp 1
2. Add flour and blend for 5sec/sp 5
3. Knead for 2 minutes
4. Roll dough into a ball and place into a bowl, cover and place into a warm spot until dough has doubled in size
5. Sprinkle flour onto bench and roll dough out into a rectangle shape, leaving down around 1cm high
6. Spread vegemite over the top of the dough, leaving 1 cm from the top fold of the dough (this will help it join when rolling), top with grated cheese or cheese substitute.
7. Begin to roll dough, from the longest edge. Folding slowing trying to keep the dough tight. Rolling the dough into a long log.
8. Remove 2cm from each end with a sharp knife. Then proceed to cut the dough in half, then half again – this will leave you with 4 equal logs. Then cut those logs into 3 pieces – this will leave you know with 12 scrolls.
9. Place cut scrolls, into a baking dish. Facing the joining ends into each other, so that when they expand the scroll don’t open.
10. Cover scrolls with a tea towel and allow to rise again for 15-20 miuntes, they should almost double in size. If you dont have time for this step, skip and proceed.
11. Once you have completed the second rise, place scrolls into a cold oven and cook 200c for 30-40 minutes, no need to preheat the oven.
12. Remove and allow to cool.
Scrolls can be frozen and defrosted the night before.
Accessories you need
You'll need a rolling pin and a knife
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Aleesha’s Keto Wraps
- 5 hours Dutch oven Bread
- Easy Multigrain Bread
- Simple German Soft Pretzels & Pretzel Dogs
- High Fat seed bread
- Cob Loaf - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- No Roll Scones - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Gluten Free Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Soft bread rolls (Bosnian Kifle)
- Pan Amasado - Chilean Bread Rolls
- Cinnabun bread
- Sticky Date Slice
- Veggie Fritters
- Choc-chip zucchini banana cake
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Thermomix Play Dough
- Avocado Lime sauce (for fish Taco)
- Pickled Beetroot
- My mum’s Mauritian Poutou
- All Green Stock Powder
- Super Easy Waffles
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- Recco Classico