- 2t salt
- 450 g bread flour
- 140 g wholemeal flour (Plain)
- 2 level tbsp rye flour
- 2 level tbsp *gluten flour, (Optional, but gives a better spring to the loaf)
- 3 teaspoons dried instant yeast
- 25 g molasses, (optional)
- 2 level tsp bread improver, (optional)
- 1 level tsp malt barley, (optional)
- 2 tsp caraway seeds
- 2 heaped tablespoons app 80g. yoghurt, thick natural
- 350 g warm water, app.
- 1/4 tsp citric acid, (optional, adds a more sour taste)
- egg wash to glaze, 1 egg beaten with 1 T water, optional
2h 0minPreparation 2h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
Add all ingredients, in the order listed.
Blend sp7/20secs. Check to see if it needs more water.
Knead 5 minutes.
Prove in a covered bowl, mat for 30+ minutes, or until doubled.
Punch down and press into a sprayed baneton, (or if using without the baneton, form into a oval loaf, on a baking paper lined loaf and prove until app double.)
If using a baneton, carefully transfer to a greased baking sheet.
Slash if desired.
Bake at 180°C for 30+ mins.
Cool on a wire rack.
Accessories you need
Delicious tangy bread.. fresh or toasted.
Feel free to add alternate ingredients to Caraway seeds..e.g Sunflower seeds or add it as well as the Caraway if you like 😊
Join my Facebook Group “Thermify me” and “Thermify me Breadwinners” for more recipes, tips and upcoming (privately run) cooking classes..
* Gluten flour is available from selected Health food stores* note: this is NOT Gluten Free flour.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Fruit Bread
- Nutty Low Carb Bread
- Japanese milk bread
- Challah (traditional Jewish celebratory plaited loaf)
- Scrolls (Lactose Free)
- German spelt bread
- Wholemeal Spinach and Cheese Scroll - WA School Canteen Approved (Green)
- Milk loaf
- Gluten Free Pizza Dough
- Ruth’s Sourdough Rye Turkish Bread
- Black Buger Buns
- Viennese whirls
- Jaffa Cheesecake Slice
- Kingston biscuits
- Old fashioned Cream buns
- Creamy garlic prawns
- Chocolate coconut cake
- Dotty’s Apple Sponge with GF options
- Dotty’s Ginger biscuits
- Ham, cheese and pineapple muffins
- Mocha brownies with a Coffee glaze
- Heidi's German Streusel cake with apple and pudding
- Wholemeal rolls
- Curry Pea Soup
- Pumpkin lasagne
- Pumpkin & Chickpea Coconut Curry
- Chocolate coconut macaroons Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo, Egg Free, AIP
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Lamb and Feta Meatballs
- Durban Naan
- Tuna Mornay
- Bulk Batch Mini Quiches 54 - 62 approx
- CREAMY SWEET POTATO SECRET RISOTTO spinach mushrooms parmesan
- Roasted Capsicum and Tomato soup with Goats Cheese
- Apricot Slice