- 2t salt
- 450 g bread flour
- 140 g wholemeal flour (Plain)
- 2 level tbsp rye flour
- 2 level tbsp *gluten flour, (Optional, but gives a better spring to the loaf)
- 3 teaspoons dried instant yeast
- 25 g molasses, (optional)
- 2 level tsp bread improver, (optional)
- 1 level tsp malt barley, (optional)
- 2 tsp caraway seeds
- 2 heaped tablespoons app 80g. yoghurt, thick natural
- 350 g warm water, app.
- 1/4 tsp citric acid, (optional, adds a more sour taste)
- egg wash to glaze, 1 egg beaten with 1 T water, optional
2h 30minPreparation 2h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
Add all ingredients, in the order listed.
Blend sp7/20secs. Check to see if it needs more water.
Knead 5 minutes.
Prove in a covered bowl, mat for 30+ minutes, or until doubled.
Punch down and press into a sprayed baneton, (or if using without the baneton, form into a oval loaf, on a baking paper lined loaf and prove until app double.)
If using a baneton, carefully transfer to a greased baking sheet.
Slash if desired.
Bake at 180°C for 30+ mins.
Cool on a wire rack.
Accessories you need
Delicious tangy bread.. fresh or toasted.
Feel free to add alternate ingredients to Caraway seeds..e.g Sunflower seeds or add it as well as the Caraway if you like 😊
Join my Facebook Group “Thermify me” and “Thermify me Breadwinners” for more recipes, tips and upcoming (privately run) cooking classes..
* Gluten flour is available from selected Health food stores* note: this is NOT Gluten Free flour.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Capers and Lemon Aioli
- Raw Coconut Rough - paleo & vegan
- Hunters Healthy Beef and Veg Sausage Rolls
- Italian Beef Ragu
- Cinnamon swirl cake
- Raw Blueberry Cashew Cheesecake (Dairy Free)
- Japanese coconut buns
- Quick Gluten Free Bread Rolls
- Quick Gluten Free Pizza Dough
- Chocolate salted caramel petit fours
- Gingerbread house (gluten-free)
- Coconut & Chocolate Bliss Balls