- 3 apples, peeled, cored, sliced into 2-3mm thick rings
- 3 eggs, separated
- 150 g caster sugar
- 150 g self-raising flour
- 100 g Milk, (full cream or light)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg, (optional)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- some oil, for pan frying
- some icing sugar, to serve
Recipe is created for
Please ensure TMX bowl is oil free and absolutely clean and dry. Insert Butterfly into TMX bowl.
Place egg whites into TMX bowl and mix on speed 4 for 2-3 minutes until mixture stiffens. The mix does not need to form peaks.
Set aside in a bowl which can hold 3 times the volume of the whipped egg whites.
No need to clean the TMX bowl.
Add all other ingredients except cinnamon and 1 tbsp flour to TMX bowl and blend on speed 4 for 15 sec.
By hand, using the spatula gently incorporate the mixture with the whipped egg whites. Do not overmix.
On a small dinner plate combine cinnamon powder and flour. Dip each apple ring into the cinnamon mix to coat evenly. Then dip into the dough mixture to fully coat.
Fry apple rings in batches in a non-stick pan with a little oil. Flip over once browned on the bottom and cook to soften the apple (time depends on variety of apple and thickness and can be between 1-4 minutes). Lower heat for longer will allow the apple to soften in the cooking process without buring the batter.
Dust with some icing sugar and serve. Also delicious with fresh vanilla custard or ice cream.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Gin & Tonic Sorbet
- Mango and Coconut pudding (low sugar)
- marble cheese brownies
- Toblerone & Caramel Simple Ice Cream
- Jules Bliss Balls
- Rocky Road
- Choc Mousse 2 ingredients low Fodmap
- Cookie Dough Protein Bars
- Variation Choc Mint Bliss Balls with Crown Mints
- One Minute Snickers from Wholefood Simply
- Indian rice pudding
- Thai basil chilli chicken blade cover
- Garlicky Chicken and Spring Vegetable Risotto
- Bacon & Cheese Rolls - Mixquisite
- Savoury Mini Muffins
- Zopf (Swiss Milk Bread)
- Apple-Cinnamon Choc Chip Muffin
- Easy peasy iced custard tarts
- FISH FILLETS 'ALLO STILE GENNARO CONTALDO'
- PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE CAKE/CUPCAKE
- TURKEY & ZUCCHINI BURGERS WITH SUMAC
- Freeken Good Freekeh Salad!
- Creamy Fruit Cake