- 3 apples, peeled, cored, sliced into 2-3mm thick rings
- 3 eggs, separated
- 150 g caster sugar
- 150 g self-raising flour
- 100 g Milk, (full cream or light)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg, (optional)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- some oil, for pan frying
- some icing sugar, to serve
8Recipe is created for
Please ensure TMX bowl is oil free and absolutely clean and dry. Insert Butterfly into TMX bowl.
Place egg whites into TMX bowl and mix on speed 4 for 2-3 minutes until mixture stiffens. The mix does not need to form peaks.
Set aside in a bowl which can hold 3 times the volume of the whipped egg whites.
No need to clean the TMX bowl.
Add all other ingredients except cinnamon and 1 tbsp flour to TMX bowl and blend on speed 4 for 15 sec.
By hand, using the spatula gently incorporate the mixture with the whipped egg whites. Do not overmix.
On a small dinner plate combine cinnamon powder and flour. Dip each apple ring into the cinnamon mix to coat evenly. Then dip into the dough mixture to fully coat.
Fry apple rings in batches in a non-stick pan with a little oil. Flip over once browned on the bottom and cook to soften the apple (time depends on variety of apple and thickness and can be between 1-4 minutes). Lower heat for longer will allow the apple to soften in the cooking process without buring the batter.
Dust with some icing sugar and serve. Also delicious with fresh vanilla custard or ice cream.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Banana Anzac Crumble
- ANZAC Choccy Biccy Balls
- Aunty CECELIA's mango macadamia cheesecake recipe
- Musk Fudge
- Nuts and Bolts (Dairy Free)
- Triple-Choc Blueberry and Zucchini Smoothie Bowl
- Peppermint Slice (RAW)
- Chocolate Lasagne
- Banana yoghurt nicecream
- Variation: Argentinian Dulce de Leche "CREAM"
- Argentinian Dulce de Leche
- Citrus mascarpoen semifreddo with Manjimup walnut and cacao nib dukkah - Chef Russell Blaikie
- Variation Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Red Duck Curry with Lychees
- warm lemon tart
- Best Chewy Anzac Biscuits
- Gluten Free Bread- Go to recipe
- Healthy Pull-Apart Pizza Pinwheels
- Banana Anzac Crumble
- Cinnamon Tea Cake
- Easy Steamed Rice
- Beef and vegetable stew
- Gluten, Grain and Nut free Bread rolls
- Date and carrot cake (nut, egg and butter free) - tastes like healthy gingerbread!