- 375 g almonds
- 70 g medjool dates
- 50 g coconut oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 500 g medjool dates
- 50 g coconut oil
- 1/4-1/2 tsp salt
- 1 vanilla bean
- 30 g cacao powder
- 70 g coconut oil
- 60-100 g maple or rice malt syrup, depending on how sweet you like your chocolate
Put all ingredients in TM bowl and blend 20-40s / spd 9 until the mixture resembles crunchy breadcrumbs.
Press into a rectangle tray (25x30cm) lined with baking paper. If you have a small little wooden roller (I found one in a $2 shop) you can flatten it out with that. Otherwise just press down firmly with your hands. Place in the freezer to harden while you do the next step.
Put all ingredients in TM bowl and blend on sp 9-10 until the mixture resembles an almost smooth caramel. This could take 1-2 minutes.
Spread the caramel evenly over the base. I put some gloves on, wet them slightly and smooth it over. Again you can run the wooden roller over it to get a more even result.
Place in the freezer while you prepare the chocolate topping.
You can also use a good quality chocolate in stead of the cacao/coconut oil/syrup mixture. Make sure your bowl is clean and dry - water and chocolate do not mix. I usually use the Turbo function to get rid of any moisture on the blades.
Put all ingredients in the TM bowl and melt 2-3 min / 50 degrees / sp 2. Pour over the caramel and spread thinly. Alternatively you can pipe the chocolate in a ripple form. Refrigerate for about 30 min before cutting. Store in the fridge.
Accessories you need
You can also do this recipe in the TM5.
I've adapted this recipe after attending a workshop at BentFork restaurant in Freshwater, NSW. The owner makes some awesome raw treats, so go on, treat yourself!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegan espresso coconut cream caramel
- Vanilla bean ice cream
- Janine's Rez B Haleeb (Rice Pudding)
- Caramilk Cheesecake
- Soy bean Curd Jelly(Pudding)
- Caramilk Phily Cheesecake
- Cheesecake - Basic mix
- Chocolate Spiders
- Larger quantity Lemon Butter
- 20 Second Ginger Nut Balls
- Peppermint Choc Chip Ice Cream
- Walnut and coffee cheesecake slice
- One-banana Banana Bread
- Turkish simit
- Lemon Slice
- The. Fast 800 Chicken Pieces with Parmesan Crumb converted by Thermo-lish
- Tracy’s Beef Rendang
- Chinese Cabbage and Pork Bun
- Rice and lentils (majadra)
- Traditional buttery mash potato
- Lettuce and Pea Soup
- Hearty Ginger Slice
- Chicken spinach and basil dumplings
- Dulce de Leche/Caramel thumb-print cookies