- 120 g raw sugar
- 150 g water
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks only
- 75 g Sugar caster
- 600 g Milk
- 1 tsp vanilla paste/essence
- 1 lemon rind only
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place water and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to boil without stirring, bubble until rich caramel colour. Then pour into 1 litre dish and coat to coat the base or put into individual ramekins.
Put sugar, vanilla, lemon rind & milk into TMX Bowl. Heat 8 mins /90c/speed 1. Once 90 is reached Leave to cool about 15 mins to let flavours infuse.
Add eggs into TMX bowl through lid whist mixing 20secs/speed 4.
Pour mix over Caramel trough a sieve (either in individual ramekins or a litre bowl)
Put the ramekins or dish into a bain-marie in the centre of a pre-heated oven. 160c and bake for 1 hour for whole pudding or about 30-40 mins for individual ramekins.
This recipe has been converted from the Sainsbury The cooks companion, a the recipe is very adaptable, I have tried to steam the pudding in the varoma but find the heat too harsh and can cause the custard to scramble.... so the softer bain marie method is more realiable.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Nanna's Lemon Sago
- Tim Tam tarts (or cheesecake)
- Black rice steam cake gluten-free
- Easy strawberry baked cheesecake
- VEGAN CHOC MINT FUDGE
- VEGAN SALTED CARAMEL FUDGE
- Cherry ripe ice-cream slice
- Creamy Vanilla Ice-cream
- Nutella chocolate mousse
- Chocolate crackle Caramel slice
- Quick Cacao & Peppermint Bliss Balls - Nut & Dairy Free
- White Chocolate and Coconut Rice Pudding
- Indulgent Cream Cheese Brownies
- Charlie's Vanilla Bean Paste
- Charlie's Spicy Prawn & Pumpkin Soup
- Vanilla Bean Custard- Arwen's version
- Mayonnaise Free Coleslaw - Arwen's version
- Arwen's Heavenly Hummus
- Arwen's Fresh Fruit Sorbet
- Pizza Bianca with Rosemary & Garlic
- Rosey & Arwen's Spanish Surprise Breakfast Muffins
- Buckwheat Dinner Rolls - Arwen's tweaked version
- Erica & Arwen's Apricot & Hazelnut Hot Cross Buns
- Charlie's Quince Jelly
- Infant/toddler veggie dhal
- Honey Jumble Cake
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- ❤Spinach & fetta and pull-apart bread❤
- Nanna's Lemon Sago
- Tear and share brie, garlic + herb bread wreath
- Sweet Potato Salad with honey mustard dressing
- Swirl Layered Mooncake
- Lactation Cookies
- Triple chocolate fudgey brownies
- Black bean milk
- Apple slice with Passionfruit Icing