- 100 grams pumpkin seeds
- 250 grams dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 150 grams coconut oil
- 8 Eggs, separated
- 150 grams honey
- 50 grams Mesquite Powder
Preheat oven to 180 degrees and grease a 24cm springform tin. If you don't have a springform tin, a 24cm pie dish will do just fine - but be prepared that the first slice might be tricky to get out in one piece.
Bowl #1: Weigh in the pumpkin seeds, mill on speed 8 for 20 seconds. Set aside.
(If you don't have a 2nd bowl, see notes below)
Bowl #1: Weigh the chocolate in, chop for 3 seconds on speed 8.
Bowl #1: Add in the coconut oil and melt with the chocolate for 3-5mins, 60 degrees, speed 2. Set aside. Don't bother rinsing it - not necessary, and we love to minimise washing!
Bowl #2: Insert butterfly and 8 egg whites. Whip on speed 4 until stiff (about 2 mins, maybe 2:30).
Bowl #1: Remove the butterfly from bowl 2 and insert into bowl 1 (or use your 2nd butterfly... but using the same one minimises washing!). Add egg yolks, honey and mesquite powder. Mix for 1 minute on speed 4.
Bowl #1: Add melted chocolate mix and pumpkin seeds. Mix (with the butterfly still in) on speed 3 for 30 seconds.
Bowl #1: Add beaten egg whites and fold for 15 seconds on speed 2.
Pull the butterfly out, and pour mix into greased cake tin. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until set about 1/3 of the way in.
Leave the cake in the oven to cool, with the door cracked open (you can leave it to cool overnight to avoid the I-want-to-use-my-oven dilemma). Once the cake reaches room temperature, put it in the fridge for a couple of hours. Serve cold.
Accessories you need
This is a really good two bowl recipe. If you don't have a 2nd bowl and blade set, don't dismay! Just do the egg whites first (because you need a perfectly clean and dry bowl for those), set them aside, clean your bowl, and continue with the rest of the recipe.
COOL THE CAKE COMPLETELY, and then cool it some more. If you don't, you'll pull the first slice out and chocolate mousse lava will pour out into the empty spot - you'll be left with a very flat cake. You can always cool it in the oven overnight, with the door cracked, then an hr or two in the fridge in the morning. If you want a 'choc pot' kind of thing with a molten centre, you can bake this for 15-20mins in individual ramekins and eat them hot.
I know someone will probably ask if you can make this without mesquite powder... I don't know, but probably! Replace it with 50g more of honey, but you'll probably want to reduce the coconut oil by about 30-50g. Give it a go, no harm in trying!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- How to make Caramel Nurungji ( Rice popcorn )
- No bake Malteser cheesecake with caramilk swirl
- Baked Espresso Martini Cheesecake with Kahlua Syrup
- Layelle’s too easy chocolate tart
- Caramilk Ice magic
- Caramilk Delight
- Vegan espresso coconut cream caramel
- Vanilla bean ice cream
- Janine's Rez B Haleeb (Rice Pudding)
- Caramilk Cheesecake
- Soy bean Curd Jelly(Pudding)
- Caramilk Phily Cheesecake
- 'Peanut Butter' Banana Fudge (raw, nut-free)
- GF Cheesy Rolls
- Raw 'Caramel' Dip (or Date Spread)
- Cookie Dough Truffles
- Mango Chutney
- Gluten-Free Spinach and Ricotta Gnocchi
- Roasted Tomato Sauce
- Gluten-free, Egg-free, Dairy-free Vegetable Fritters
- ABC Milk
- Zucchini Flower Risotto with Thyme Oil
- Strawberry, Mango and Passionfruit Jam
- Satay noodle salad
- Cacao turmeric latte
- Sesame and Linseed Gluten free bread
- Meatloaf with Honey Mustard Glaze
- Raw Jaffa Slice
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies
- Healthy chocolate weetix slice
- Sweet Curry Granola Bar
- Apple Banana Muffins
- Gluten free Honey & Chocolate chip cookies (egg free and dairy free options)
- Carrot zucchini apple muffins
- Peanut Butter Bark (Protein Bar)