- 45 g Brown rice puffs, Approx 3 cups
- 110 g sunflower seeds, Or nut butter of choice
- 140 g honey, Or Agave or sweetener of choice
- 20 g cacao powder
- 2.5 teaspoon Pure Vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 15 g hulled tahini
Mix sunflower seeds for 30 seconds, speed 9.
Add Tahini and mix for 30 seconds, speed 9.
Add honey, cacao powder and vanilla extract and heat for 2 minutes at 90 degrees, Speed 3.
Add rice puffs and mix for 1 minute on Reverse "Counter-clockwise operation" , Speed 1.
Tip into pan lined with baking paper. Cover with another piece of baking paper and press down firmly until it is evenly spread and pushed down.
Place in freezer for 30 minutes before slicing.
Accessories you need
I love this recipe. I converted it from Chocolate Covered Katie, who has some fantastic chocolate treats! Check them out!
Here is the link to the original recipe: //chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/09/18/chocolate-rice-crispy-treats/
I made sunflower seed butter to use instead of nut butter to make this a nut free treat so the kids can take it to school. I already added some salt to the sunflower seed butter so didn't include salt in the recipe, however Chocolate Covered Katie's recipe included 1/2 tspn salt. If you're using a pre-made nut butter perhaps check the salt content before adding any.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Barney Banana Ice Cream
- Super Easy Waffles
- Biscoff Icecream
- Cherry Ripe Slice
- Raw Berry Caramel Slice
- Snow Skin Mooncake
- Mooncake Fruit Custard Filling
- Mandarin, Almond & Cardamom Muffins
- Apple & Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- White Chocolate & Berry Cheesecake - Gluten Free
- Sweet Chocolate Log or Balls
- Gluten Free Butterscotch Self-saucing Pudding
- Cacao Protein Slice
- A1 Bakery's Cheese Pie by Haikal Raji - converted by Thermo Cazza
- Healthy Oat Slice
- Perfect Fish / Prawn Tacos with Slaw
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- 5 hours Dutch oven Bread
- Chocolate Rice Bubble Slice
- Honey Soy Chicken – TM31 TM5 TM6
- Weetbix Slice
- Tiny Teddies
- Even Healthier Wheatbix Slice
- Healthy choc date cupcakes