- 90 grams SR flour, Regular or Gluten Free
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 110 grams Butter softened and cut into cubes
- 60-80 grams brown sugar
- 110 grams breadcrumbs(GF or regular), about 3 slices stale bread
- 500 grams Mixed fruit, (raisins, sultanas, currants etc)
- 1 small lemon, Grated rind only
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon black treacle
- 1 Grated Carrot
- 2 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1 Cup Brandy/Sherry
30h 0minPreparation 24h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Start the preparation the day before cooking.
Check dried fruit for pips and stalks.
Place dried fruit, lemon rind, grated carrot and marmalade in a bowl and soak in brandy/sherry overnight.
2. Grease a pudding basin and line base with baking paper. Cut 2 strips of baking paper 2.5cm wide and 50cm long and place on opposite sides of the basin - these strips will help to loosen cooked pudding from basin. Set aside.
Place bread torn into peices into Thermomix bowl and blitz 15 seconds/Sp6 or until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Set aside.
Add flour, spices and salt to Thermomix bowl and mix 20-30 sec/Sp5. Add breadcrumbs to flour mixture and mix 2-3 sec/Sp5. Set aside.
Insert butterfly and add butter and brown sugar and mix 20Sec/Sp 3.
Add the treacle and mix again 20Sec/Sp 4.
Remove butterfly. Add flour & breadcrumb mix, spices and salt and mix for 10 Sec/Sp4.
Scrape down sides and add eggs and mix for 10 Sec/Sp 4
You can now add mixture to the soaked fruit and mix well by hand or you can add the soaked fruit mixture to thermomix bowl and mix it for 20 Sec/Reverse/Sp4.
Turn pudding mixture into your well greased pudding basin and cover with greased baking paper. (See tips for covering pudding). Boil for 6 hours on stove or alternatively place pudding mixture into dariole moulds, cover with a round of baking paper and cover moulds with foil and place in varoma dish. (You will need to steam in two batches) - Place 1000mls water in thermomix bowl and steam puddings for about 60-70 minutes on Varoma temp Speed 3. This recipe makes 14 individual puddings.
TIPS FOR WRAPPING YOUR PUDDING
For help on how to wrap your pudding for boiling - this is where all the details are - it really is great advice for boiling, storing and reheating -
If you have a pudding steamer with lid this makes it even easier to steam your pudding - Just cover mixture with a round of baking paper and put the lid on and steam away.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- PINEAPPLE DOUGHNUTS
- DATE CRESCENT
- Easter chocolate egg nests
- Rima’s Lebanese Cocktail
- Aish al saraya
- Awwama (Lebanese sweet dumplings)
- Oat Milk Yogurt
- Rima’s Lebanese pistachio ice cream
- cocoa - energy balls (vegan&raw)
- Hazelnut and Amaranth Chocolate
- Variation Choc Peppermint Balls
- Choc Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Gluten Free Shortcrust Pastry
- Gluten Free Yo Yo's
- Gluten Free Old Fashioned Sultana Biscuits
- Gluten Free Anzac Biscuits
- Greek Yoghurt Ranch Dip
- Gluten Free Spiced Fruit Loaf
- Almond Sesame Crackers (LCHF)
- Gluten Free Shortbread Biscuits
- Gluten Free Buttercake
- Gluten Free Jaffa Cakes
- GLUTEN FREE CRISPY BATTER FOR FISH
- GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE MUDCAKE