- 30 grams plain flour
- 130 grams Milk
- 120 grams cream
- 200 grams caster sugar
- 250 grams Softened butter (Room Temperature)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp salt
Combine the flour, sugar and milk and cream into your TMX bowl and cook at 80degrees/6mins/Sp3.
The cooked flour (or roux) should appear quite thick and gluey. Transfer the flour mixture from the TMX bowl into another bowl or container and lightly cover with plastic wrap or Glad Wrap so that the plastic is touching the surface (so the roux doesn't form a skin). The roux MUST cool down to room temperature before proceeding with this recipe. You can accelerate the cooling process by popping it into your fridge for half an hour.
Once roux has reached cool / room temperate pop it back into your TMX bowl (with butterfly inserted). Add your softened butter, vanilla and salt. Whip on Speed 4 for approximately 30 seconds until light, fluffy and well combined.
Chococolate Buttercream - add 100 grams of cooled, melted chocolate
Lemon Buttercream - add the zest of half a lemon and a few drops of Lemon Oil or Essence
Nutella Buttercream - add 100 grams of Nutella
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Nut free chocolate berry bliss balls
- Peppermint Bliss Balls (Gluten Free, Grain Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free and Refined Sugar Free) Healthy Mummy
- Chantilly Cream
- Dairy Free Strawberry Ice Cream (refined sugar free)
- Delicious healthy version of Lemon Slice - Dairy Free
- Strawberry Frozen yogurt
- Nanna's Lemon Sago
- Tim Tam tarts (or cheesecake)
- Black rice steam cake gluten-free
- Easy strawberry baked cheesecake
- VEGAN CHOC MINT FUDGE
- VEGAN SALTED CARAMEL FUDGE
- French bread
- Zanzibar Coconut Chicken Curry
- Zanzibar Spice Cake
- Eunji’s Chai Mix
- Chocolate Crunch Slice
- Keto Bread Rolls
- Best Ever Choc Chip Bikkies
- Mexican Chocolate and Banana Cupcakes
- Gluten free chocolate almond chunk cookies
- Hainanese Chicken Rice
- Chinese Style Chicken and Corn Soup
- Variation Chicken Noodle Rice Paper Rolls