- 100 grams glace cherries
- 80 grams Glacé ginger
- 100 grams hazelnuts
- 100 grams wafer biscuits, not cream filled, plain biscuits
- 220 grams dark chocolate
- 275 grams cream, at 35% fat
- 200 grams dark chocolate
- 100 grams Copha
Process cherries, ginger, hazelnuts and biscuits on Turbo 2-3 times until roughly crushed. Set aside.
Make Ganache. Grate chocolate for 6 seconds on speed 9.
Then add cream and cook for 5 minutes at 60°C onspeed3.
Put in the fridge until thickened considerably. The freezer will of course fast-track this process. (Best to make when mixture can be left in the TM Bowl to thicken)
Fold the crushed nuts and wafers and glace fruit into the chocolate mixture by mixing for 4-5 seconds, reverse, speed 3-4.
Form mixture into log shape (use a loaf tin if this helps) and place in fridge to set overnight, or in the freezer for approx. 2 hours.
Make the icing by grating 200g chocolate for 6 seconds on speed 9.
Then add copha and mix for 5 minutes at 60°C onspeed 3.
Leave this to firm a little in the fridge (or freezer to fast track it!). It doesn’t take long! When thick but still pourable, cover the log thickly with the icing mixture.
Mark the log with lines using a fork until it sets enough to give texture. This layer is up to 1cm thick including the sides.
Decorate as you wish, with flowers or coconut or any other ideas.
You could try adding some liqueur if you like!
This Easter log will last in the fridge for a very long time - great to pull out for unexpected visitors!
You could use this as a desert in itself, or as a small taste of something sweet with coffee at any time of the day.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Nut free chocolate berry bliss balls
- Peppermint Bliss Balls (Gluten Free, Grain Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free and Refined Sugar Free) Healthy Mummy
- Chantilly Cream
- Dairy Free Strawberry Ice Cream (refined sugar free)
- Delicious healthy version of Lemon Slice - Dairy Free
- Strawberry Frozen yogurt
- Nanna's Lemon Sago
- Tim Tam tarts (or cheesecake)
- Black rice steam cake gluten-free
- Easy strawberry baked cheesecake
- VEGAN CHOC MINT FUDGE
- VEGAN SALTED CARAMEL FUDGE
- Baked salmon cheesecake
- Zanzibar Coconut Chicken Curry
- Zanzibar Spice Cake
- Chocolate Crunch Slice
- Chinese Style Chicken and Corn Soup
- Baked Salmon Risotto
- Chocy Fruity Bicky Slice
- Malt Slice
- Teenee's Butter Icing
- Simplicity Chocolate Cake
- Savoury Oat Flour Pancakes
- Variation mango passionfruit baked cheesecake