- 380 g hazelnuts, ground
- 80 g Flour, Plain
- 30 g cocoa
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 10 Eggs, Large
- 180 g Sugar, white
- 270 g milk chocolate chips
- 200 g Butter
- 190 g Nutella
- 1/2 cup of hazelnuts
- 10 Wafers (Can use plain, vanilla or chocolate)
- 12 Ferrero Rochers
1. Take the butter for the Nutella cream out of the fridge and place on the bench to soften.
2. Preheat the oven to 180 °c. Line cake tin (22cm approximately) with baking paper and grease lightly.
3. If you need to ground your hazelnuts then you will need to do this first. If you have hazelnut meal then please skip this step. Place whole hazelnuts (380g) into the thermomix bowl and mix for 8 secs on speed 7. If there are any hazelnuts lumps then you will need to mix again on speed 7 for a few more seconds. Set the ground hazelnut aside.
4. Place 80g plain flour, 30g cocoa and 4 teaspoons of baking powder into the mixing bowl. Mix for 10 secs on speed 5 Reverse.
5. Add the ground hazelnuts (380g) to the mixing bowl. Mix for 10 secs on speed 5 Reverse. Set aside the contents of the mixing bowl.
6. Place 10 large eggs and 180g white sugar in the mixing bowl. Mix together for 20 secs on speed 5.
7. Now it is time to mix the dry ingredients and wet ingredients together. Add the dry ingredients which you set aside in step 5 to the mixing bowl. Mix for 5 secs on speed 3. You do not want to overmix or your cake will crack. If it is not mixed well enough after the 5 seconds you will just need to use the spatula to do a few stirs. Do not over stir the batter.
8. Place the mixture into the cake tin and bake for 35 minutes in your already preheated oven at 180°c. Most ovens cook differently so please check your cake after 25 minutes and again at the 30 minute mark.
1. Place the 270g milk chocolate chips into the mixing bowl. Melt for 4 minutes at 50°c on speed 2. If your chocolate chips have not melted at the end of the 4 minutes simply continue to melt for 1-2 minutes at 50°c.
2. Add 200g butter (cubed) and 190g Nutella to the mixing bowl. It is important that the butter has softened to room temperature as this will help you get a nice fluffy nutella cream. Mix for 40 secs on speed 4. The cream should be nice and fluffy.
1. Crush your wafers. You can do this simply in a standard size bowl with a spoon.
2. Chop 1/2 cup of Hazelnuts. I have not been able to successfully do this in the thermomix (usually it turns to hazelnut meal rather than nicely chopped nuts). Therefore I simply cut these with a knife myself.
3. Once your cake has cooled cut it in half to make two layers. You can also make three layers if you have the height in your cake.
4. On each layer spread a layer of Nutella cream and then sprinkle with the crushed wafers.
5. Assemble the layers.
6. Decorate the cake with Nutella cream placing the chopped hazelnuts around the side.
7. Cut your ferrero rochers in half and use to decorate on top of the cake. I found it easier to cut the ferrero rochers in half when they were still inside their wrapper as they don't tend to crumble this way.
8. Add any piping, etc.
Ferrero Rocher Cake
This recipe was converted to Thermomix from the following website:
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Fig and almond bliss balls
- Forest Moss Cake
- Caramilk Cheesecake variant
- Tim Tam Truffle Balls
- Soph’s easy vanilla yoghurt
- Keto Ice Cream
- Eggless edible cookie dough
- Delectable Millionaire’s Shortbread (Caramel Slice)
- Meringue Cupcakes "skuimpies"
- Healthy chocolate coconut slice
- Creamy Leche Flan
- No-bake hazelnut slice
- Beef, Carrot and Kumara Puree (6 Months +)
- Vegetable and Cheese Mash (6 Months +)
- Roasted Apple, Plum and Vanilla Mash (6 months +)
- Prune and Apple Puree (6 months +)
- Blueberry and Apple Puree (6 months +)
- Broccoli Puree (6 months +)
- Chocolate Vegan Cake
- Lamington Cupcakes
- Classic Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Buttercream (converted from Donna Hay)
- Passionfruit Melting Moments
- 5 Ingredient No-bake Rum Balls
- Banana Bread Cafe Style - imperial
- Christmas Almond Bread
- Left over fruit cake plum pudding truffles
- Fluffy Pancakes
- Sauerkraut, apple and bacon quiche
- Buttermilk dumplings
- Easy Peasy Creamy Scones
- keto choc /peanut cake on sweet potato brownie base
- Forest Moss Cake