- 1 quantity TM Shortcrust Pastry, from EDC
- 450 gram Can of curshed pineapple in syrup
- 40 grams cornflour
- 2 egg yolks
- 350 grams Milk
- 170 grams sugar
- 40 grams cornflour
- 70 grams dessicated coconut
- 20 grams Butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 160 grams icing sugar, use white sugar only
- 4 Egg Whites at room temp
1h 0minPreparation 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Preheat oven to 180 deg.
Place pastry on Thermomat and cover with baking paper. If you do not have a themomat use 2 pieces of baking paper.
Roll out pastry and then turn into and line pie dish. Blind bake for 15 mins and then set aside to cool.
Put pineapple and cornflour into TM bowl and cook for 6 min/90/speed 3.
Add egg yolks and mix 20 sec/speed 2. Set aside to cool.
In a clean bowl, place milk, sugar and cornflour and cook 8 min/100 /speed 3. Mixture should be thickened.
Add coconut, butter and vanilla and mix 30 sec/speed 2.
Pour half the coconut cream layer into pie shell.
Top with pineapple layer and then remaining cream layer.
Clean bowl with vinegar and water. Dry thoroughly. Insert butterfly and preheat to 50deg for 1 min. Ensure bowl is thoroughly clean and dry.
Add egg whites and mix 5 min/50 deg/speed 4. Eggs should be stiff and glossy.
Mix a further 5 min/50 deg/speed 3 and add sugar slowly through the hole in the lid. Take your time on this step using the whole 5 minutes to add the sugar. If you go too fast the meringue will go flat and runny.
Top the pie with meringue mixture and then bake for 15mins or until meringue has browned slightly.
Coconut Cream :Layer
You can also make 48 individual pies with the same quantity of filling and meringe and a double quantity of the shortcurst pastry.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Rima’s Lebanese pistachio ice cream
- cocoa - energy balls (vegan&raw)
- Hazelnut and Amaranth Chocolate
- Variation Choc Peppermint Balls
- Choc Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Honey and Rosemary Upside Down Fig Cake
- Choc Protein Balls
- Coffee whip (dairy free, egg free, vegan)
- Quick Vanilla & Citrus Protein Bliss Balls
- Variation pineapple and mango soft serve
- French Apple Tart with Pastry Cream
- Gin & Tonic Sorbet