- 150 grams raw sugar
- 50 grams knob of ginger, (washed)
- 500 grams pure cream
- 250 grams full cream milk
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 370 grams rhubarb, (washed and roughly chopped)
- 100 grams sugar
- 100 grams fresh orange juice, (approx 1 orange)
Place the 150g sugar into the bowl and grind on Speed 9 for 10 secs. Set aside.
2. Add the knob of ginger and chop on Speed 5 for 2 seconds. Scrape down the sides.
3. Add the cream and milk. Cook for 7 minutes at 80 degrees on Speed 2. Set aside for 30 minutes to allow the ginger to infuse.
4. Add the sugar back into the cream, milk and ginger mixture. Add the eggs and cook at 80 degrees for another 7 minutes on Speed 4.
5. Strain through a fine mesh sieve to remove the ginger chunks. Place the custard into a metal tin/bowl and allow to cool slightly before placing it into the freezer for 3-4 hours.
6. Begin making the Rhubarb jam. Add the Rhubarb, sugar and orange juice to the TM bowl and cook for 3o minutes on Varoma on Speed 1. Use the rice basket instead of the MC to allow the jam to reduce easier.
7. Puree the jam on Speed 5 for 20 seconds. Allow to cool slightly and then place in the fridge to cool completely. It is important that this jam is cold when you try and swirl it through your ice cream mixture.
8. Chop the ice cream mixture into smaller chunks and place it back into the Thermomix and churn for 1 minute on Speed 9. Return to the freezer for another half hour before you put the swirl through.
9. Place dollops of your Rhubarb jam onto the top of your ginger ice cream. Use a knife to gently swirl the jam through. Place back into the freezer and leave to set overnight.
Accessories you need
Remove the ice cream from the freezer appoximately 10 minutes before serving to soften the mixture and make it easier to scoop.
Goes perfect with apple crumble! Enjoy!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Donut ice-cream
- Superfood Seed Bar
- Barney Banana Ice Cream
- Super Easy Waffles
- Biscoff Icecream
- Cherry Ripe Slice
- Raw Berry Caramel Slice
- Snow Skin Mooncake
- Mooncake Fruit Custard Filling
- Mandarin, Almond & Cardamom Muffins
- Apple & Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- White Chocolate & Berry Cheesecake - Gluten Free
- Filipino Pandesal
- Easy Gluten Free Blueberry & Ricotta Cake
- Whole orange, date, walnut, chia and oat muffins
- Moreish Coffee Streusel Slice
- Vegan Lemon Curd
- DATE, APRICOT AND CRANBERRY LOAF
- Macadmia Nut tartlets
- Donut ice-cream
- Cheese and Vegemite Scrolls
- Chocolate Meringue Brownie Cake
- Melting Moments
- Chocky Rock Biscuits - Cornflake and choc chip biscuits