- 310 grams water
- 150 grams caster sugar
- 160 grams coarse semolina
- 240 grams Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Rose Water
- 1 tablespoon Orange Blossom Water
- 1 --- small handful of Pistachios, For Topping
- 300 gram caster sugar
- 150 gram water
- 1 teaspoon Rose Water
- 1 teaspoon Orange Blossom Water
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place a bowl onto mixing bowl lid and weigh semolina into it and set aside.
- Place pistachios in bowl and turbo a few times on 0.5, set aside.
- Grate Mozarella 15 sec / Speed 6 and set aside. Clean and dry TMX bowl.
- Place water and sugar into bowl and cook for 5min / 80 deg / sp2.
- Add Rose Water, Orange Blossom Water and Mozarella and cook for 4min / 80 deg / sp2.
- Heat without MC for 5min / 80 deg / sp2 while slowly adding the semolina in. Pour mixture out into a large bowl and set aside to cool slightly (approx 15mins) While mixture is cooling you can wash & dry mixing bowl.
- Place half the dough out onto a lightly oiled sheet of baking paper. Cover with another sheet of lightly oiled baking paper (i use spray oil) Roll the dough out until its quite thin (approx 2mm thickness). Shred roughly with your fingers and add to serving plate. Repeat with remaining half of dough. Top with reserved Pistachios. Refrigerate and serve cold. When serving for each person drizzle with some Syrup. See tips for other serving options. [/size]
- Add all syrup ingredients and cook for 10 min / 100 deg / sp2
Halawet El Jibn
Accessories you need
Another variation is to slice with a pizza cutter and add some kashta cream to the dough then roll up and place on serving tray. You can also serve the shredded dough with the kashta cream next to it on the plate drizzled with the syrup ontop. Kashta cream recipe can be found on cookidoo in Taste Of Arabia Cookbook.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sticky Date Cheesecake with Caramel Fudge Sauce
- Choc Mint Bliss Ball Slice
- I’ve tried every vegan chocolate energy ball recipe going – this is the best one
- Peachy Whip
- JCN Protein Balls (sugar free)
- Quick n Easy Vanilla Slice
- Caramilk Vanilla Slice
- Roasted strawberry icecream
- Thermomix Fig Salami
- Almond and oat Bliss Balls
- Traditional Welsh Cakes
- Clinker Cheesecake Slice
- Chicken and Sweetcorn Puree - Annabel Karmel Recipe
- Variation Ginger and Soy Glazed Salmon with Bok Choy and Coconut Rice
- Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Pizza Dough
- Sausages with onion gravy and vegetables
- Chickpea Dosa
- Chicken and Corn Risotto
- Black Bean Paste (sauce)
- Mars Bar Cheesecake
- Violet Crumble Cheesecake
- Chocolate Panforte
- Simple, creamy Hommus