- 2 lg Ripe Avocados, (approx 250g)
- 300g coconut cream
- 50g raw cacao powder
- 100g Pure Maple Syrup
- 80g unhulled tahini
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place all ingredients into the bowl and blend 30sec / speed 4. Check after 20 sec to see if the sides need scraping.
Scoop into small glasses and refrigerate an hour or 2. Top with desired topping.
Easy to prepare, but please see my tips/comments. The texture is not light and fluffly like traditional mousse, it's smooth and dense. I hope you enjoy my recipe as is, or tweeked to your liking. :)
Accessories you need
1. Avocados MUST be nice and ripe, so they have the right taste and texture (smooth not lumpy). No over ripe/ bruised ones though.
2. I use Ayam brand coconut cream, as it is a 100% coconut cream product and gives the best results. I refrigerate the 270g can in the fridge so that the cream goes nice and solid. I only use the thick solid cream, not the separated watery bit. For this recipe I therefore use 2 x cans, as I find I only get 200g of actual cream from a 270g can. You COULD use the whole can, but it will effect the end result (It will be runnier).
3. I find the Tahini quite a strong taste, but you could add less coconut cream and more tahni if you like. The avocado, coconut cream and tahini are all of similar texure, so ratios can be slightly altered for desired taste. You want a total weight of those 3 items to be around 600g (+ or - 30g)
4. If you find you want more sweetness, some more maple syrup can be added, or some brown sugar (depending on the consistancy and taste you prefer).
5. You can substiture raw cacao powder for coco, but it's a stronger taste (use less), and not as rich in anti-oxidents.
6. This Mousse is healthy because it's packed with good oils and anti-oxidents. It is raw and vegan. It is however very rich and high in calories, a small portion is best, and served in a small glass with fresh berries, berry compote. (or cream or a scoop of icecream on top if desired).
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Donut ice-cream
- Superfood Seed Bar
- Barney Banana Ice Cream
- Super Easy Waffles
- Biscoff Icecream
- Cherry Ripe Slice
- Raw Berry Caramel Slice
- Snow Skin Mooncake
- Mooncake Fruit Custard Filling
- Mandarin, Almond & Cardamom Muffins
- Apple & Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- White Chocolate & Berry Cheesecake - Gluten Free