- 3-4 Chocolate Hot Cross Buns, from Cookidoo or store bought
- 250 grams cooled espresso coffee
- 150 grams kahlua
- 100 grams dark chocolate
- 50 grams sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300 grams cream
- 250 grams marscapone
Recipe is created for
- 1. Place a seperate bowl onto the lid of the Thermomix and weigh in cooled espresso coffee and Kahlua. Set aside
2. Place chocolate into Thermomix bowl and mill 10 seconds / speed 9, or until a fine powder. Set aside in a seperate bowl.
3. In a clean and dry Thermomix bowl weigh in sugar and mill 30 seconds / speed 9.
4. Insert butterfly. Add cream, marscapone and vanilla extract and whip 40 seconds / speed 3.5 or until you get soft peaks. Watching carefully as this time will vary depending on the freshness of your cream
5. Cut the buns in half, and then each half into 3 strips. Dip each piece into the coffee mixture making sure it is soaked through. In 1 cup whisky glasses, place a layer of the soaked hot cross bun into the bottom of the glass. Cover with a layer of the cream mixture and sprinklle with reserved milled chocolate. Add another layer of soaked hot cross bun, and finish with another layer of cream mixture. Smooth the surface with a spoon and cut 2 strips of baking paper and lay over the top of the prepared glasses to make a cross.
6. Sprinkle with reserved milled chocolate. Remove baking paper carefully to reveal your cross
7. Allow to cool in the fridge for at least 4 hours for the flavours to develop. Even better overnight and eaten the next day.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Weetbix and fruit balls
- Pandan Chiffon Cake by Ivana
- THERMOMUMMA STEWED APPLE
- Apple Crumble
- Apple or Pear Rissotto (failsafe variables)
- Purini Mamaoa - Steamed Pudding
- Malva Pudding
- (NO CHURN)...... SMOOTH CREAMY - VANILLA ICECREAM
- Cherry Ripe Icecream
- Rainbow Ice-Cream Thermomix
- No bake cheesecake
- Date and Peanut Butter Protein Balls
- The best Chewy Chocolate chip cookies
- Gingerbread Waffles with (or without) Toffee Sauce
- Beef Cheek Lasagne
- Nutella Skillet Brownie
- Chocolate and Yoghurt Bundt Cake with Chocolate icing (Donna Hay)
- Karaage Chicken
- Grain free/Keto Raspberry Granola
- Annabel Langbein's Sesame Lavosh
- Chelsea Winter's Crazy Italian chocolate cake (egg free, dairy free)
- Nannie’s Relish - thermi converted using tinned tomatoes
- Carrot, Maple and Sultana Muffins
- Healthy Peanut Butter Blondies
- Vi's lemon curd crumble muffins
- Jenny's Chocolate Weetbix Crunch Slice
- Smoky Chipotle Venison Casserole
- Miso suace
- Cheats Sourdough
- Milo Biscuits Variation
- Apricot, Yoghurt and Coconut cake
- NOT BUTTER CHICKEN
- Pandan Chiffon Cake by Ivana