- 2 oranges, 1 zested, both juiced (3/4 cup or 170g juice)
- 240 g sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 160 g water
- 65 g cocoa powder
- 400 g cream, (I find the UHT long life cream works the best)
6h 0minPreparation 6h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
Peel zest into TM bowl and mill 10 seconds speed 9. Scrape down sides of bowl, add sugar and mill a further 10 seconds speed 9
Add sugar, vanilla, water & juice to the bowl and cook 5 minutes 100 degrees speed 2
Add in cocoa and mix 10 seconds speed 5, then cook 15 minutes 100 degrees speed 2 with mixing cup off
Transfer mixture to a bowl and refrigerate until cool. Mix in the cream by hand, then if using an ice cream maker churn as per own machine. If no ice-cream maker, cool mixture to room temperature, then pour into ice cube trays and freeze until solid (6 hours or overnight)
Churn in ice cream maker if using, otherwise measure 350 g of the sorbet cubes into TM bowl and blend 20 seconds speed 10, gradually increasing speed from 1 to 10. Add a further 350g of sorbet cubes into the TM bowl and mix further 1 minute speed 10 using the spatula to assist.
Serve straight away or freeze to store
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Choc peanut butter balls
- 3 ingredient vanilla ice-cream
- Gluten Free Muesli Bars
- Nut free chocolate berry bliss balls
- Peppermint Bliss Balls (Gluten Free, Grain Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free and Refined Sugar Free) Healthy Mummy
- Chantilly Cream
- Dairy Free Strawberry Ice Cream (refined sugar free)
- Delicious healthy version of Lemon Slice - Dairy Free
- Strawberry Frozen yogurt
- Nanna's Lemon Sago
- Tim Tam tarts (or cheesecake)
- Black rice steam cake gluten-free