- 60 g Cornflakes
- 20 g pistachios
- 1000 g full cream milk
- 300 g thickened cream
- 40 g cornflour
- 85 g semolina
- 80 g sugar
- 1 tablespoon Orange Blossom Water
- 1 tablespoon Rose Water
- 100 g sugar
- 60 g water
- 1/2 teaspoon Orange Blossom Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Rose Water
Add cornflakes to bowl - turbo x 2. Set aside (note if you want 'finer' cornflakes blitz 5 seconds/Speed 7).
Add pistachios to bowl - turbo x 1. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
Add all custard ingredients to bowl - cook 11 minutes/90 degrees/Speed 4.
Pour into ramekins.
Top with cornflakes and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Wash and dry bowl then make the syrup whilst the custard cooks...
Add all syrup ingredients - cook 2 minutes/100 degrees/Speed 2.
Top with syrup and pistachios.
With suggestions from my friend Joanne I've modified this recipe which I found on the internet years ago.
Their comments say,
"Knafeh is a Middle Eastern dessert and tastes like a baked custard with crunchy topping. It is a sweet cheese or cream dessert which is topped with pistachios and sugar syrup.
This is best served fresh and warm! Mmmmmm…
If you are making this beforehand, it tastes best reheated in the microwave, not oven.
I microwave 1 x ramekin for 2 minutes and it is perfect!"
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Dutch Oven Bread (crunchy crust) *** WARNING - THIS BREAD NEEDS 12 HOURS OR OVERNIGHT TO RISE!!!
- Belizean Style Habanero Sauce - Hot Chilli Sauce
- Chocolate Grand Marnier Truffles
- Spiced Beetroot & Orange Chutney
- Pina Colada Sorbet
- Vegetable Curry - Pav Bhaji Style
- Prawns Diablo
- Meatballs and Pine Nuts in Tomato Sauce (similar to Dawood Baasha)
- Tan Slice (Sticky Caramel)
- Mushroom and Cheese Dip
- Walnut Bread Rolls (Danish Style)
- Pumpkin Soup with Peanut Butter