- 3 mandarins
- 100 grams Butter
- 90 grams caster sugar
- 100 grams Self Raising Flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 level tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Mandarin juiced
Recipe is created for
Peel 1 mandarin using vegetable peeler and place zest in TM bowl 10 sec speed 7. SET ASIDE.
Place butter into TM bowl (if butter is straight from fridge soften on 50 degrees, speed 4, 40 secs). Add caster sugar mix 15 sec, speed 5. Scrap bowl mix 5 secs, speed 5.
Add self raising flour, eggs, baking powder, sour cream, orange marmalade, golden syrup, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, mandarin juice and zest to TM bowl mix 20 secs, speed 5.
Boil kettle with 1 litre of water. Place 8 silicone moulds in bottom and top Veroma trays ( 6 in bottom around edge and 2 in top tray. Put 2 mandarin segments in each silicone mould (seeds removed - I cut the seeds off with paring knife). Spoon batter into moulds covering the mandarin.
Add 1litre of boiled water to TM bowl place lid on then Veroma on top of lid. Steam veroma 20 minutes speed 4. Check if cooked the cake will still look wet on top.
Turn upside down onto serving plate and serve with EDC custard or vanilla ice cream.
You will need the Veroma trays to steam the puddings. Place silicone moulds into trays before starting recipe.
this original recipe came from a Delicious Indulge cookbook. I converted it for the thermomix.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cherry Ripe Slice
- Layelle's Mahlabia (Milk pudding)
- Rima’s sugar syrup from cookidoo
- Rima’s Zuzu Saed’s Atayef
- Lemon Raw Balls (gluten free, sulphur free)
- Layali Lubnan (Lebanese Nights) by Layelle
- Fig Honey Almond Tart
- sweet chestnut
- Purple sweet potato soymilk
- Tofu Pudding
- Apricot Balls/Slice
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- Cherry Ripe Slice
- Sicilian Orange Cake
- The best Brownie Recipe
- Wholefood Cacao / Hot Chocolate
- SEHAM’S FATTEH
- Cinnamon Star Bread
- Sugar Cookies
- Easter Egg Buns
- Slow cooked lamb, sweet potato mash and steamed cabbage
- Boobie Biscuits
- Gluten Free Baked Donuts
- Apricot, Pinenut and Rosemary Shortbread Gluten Free