- 1 mandarin, Rind Grated
- 130 grams caster sugar, You can put in raw sugar and zap it for 5sec / sp 9 for caster sugar. Reserve 20g for syrup.
- 225 grams plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 280 grams low - fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 40 grams mandarin juice
- 180 grams mandarin juice
- 1 tbsp caster sugar, Reserved from Cake batter.
- 1 mandarin, rind grated
Pre heat oven to 180 C or 160 C fan. Grease and line a 15cm x25cm loaf pan.
Grind mandrin rind of both Mandarins 8 sec / speed 9.
You can do them seperately or together, but you will need half for the cake and half for the syrup.
Put in dry ingredients, (caster sugar, remembering to leave 20g for syrup, flour, and baking powder) mix 6 sec/ speed 6.
Add rind of 1 Mandarin, mix 3 sec / speed 4
Add eggs mix 1 sec / speed 3
Add the rest of cake batter ingredients and mix 4sec / speed 6
Pour into prepared loaf tin.
Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Turn out on to a serving platter.
Meanwhile prepare Mandarin syrup.
Pulverize 180g Mandarins, to make juice if you wish, 30sec / speed 9, Strain into simmering basket reserving juice. you can add 40g for the cake batter. See Tip.
Add reserved juice and caster sugar.
Cook 5 -7 mins / 70 / speed 2-3 until syrupy.
Add rerserved rind and mix 4 sec / Speed 4.
Whilst Cake is still warm, pierce a few holes in it with a skewer.
Pour over half the syrup until it is absorbed.
Serve in slices with a extra drizzle of syrup on each slice.
You can add 40g mandarin juice for the cake batter, in Step 8, just do this in Step 2 before you grind mandarin rinds. I use seedless mandarins from my mandarin tree so I just juiced 40g from a mandarin, like i would lemon juice using the spatula for the cake batter.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- No bake Malteser cheesecake with caramilk swirl
- Baked Espresso Martini Cheesecake with Kahlua Syrup
- Layelle’s too easy chocolate tart
- Caramilk Ice magic
- Caramilk Delight
- Vegan espresso coconut cream caramel
- Vanilla bean ice cream
- Janine's Rez B Haleeb (Rice Pudding)
- Caramilk Cheesecake
- Soy bean Curd Jelly(Pudding)
- Caramilk Phily Cheesecake
- Cheesecake - Basic mix
- Lemon (Meyer) or Mandarin Marmalade
- Detox Juice
- CANDIED MANDARIN PEEL
- Mandarin Marmalade
- Carrot, Mandarin and Lemon Juice
- Chicken with mandarin and star anise
- Matt Moran's Mandarin and Hazelnut Syrup Cake
- Citrus & White Chocolate Cupcakes
- Carrot, ginger & Mandarin Sorbet
- Mandarin and Lilly Pilly Jam
- Mandarin, Pistachio and Poppy-Seed Muffins
- Clone of 30 Second Whole mandarin Cake