THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 400 g Chinese brown sugar, roughly cut into 1cm pieces
- 500 g glutinous rice flour, or mill your own
- 500 g hot water
- 10 g rice brown oil, or coconut oil
- pinch salt
- 1200 g water, for steaming
1. Grease 2 round sandwich tins (17cm). Set aside.
2. Place sugar into mixing bowl and mill 15 sec/speed 9. Scrape down lid and sides of bowl with spatula and mix 10 sec/speed 9. Cook sugar 10 min/Varoma/speed 2.
3. Add flour, 500g hot water, oil and salt into mixing bowl and mix 20 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl with spatula and mix 10 sec/speed 5, or until mixture is well combined.
4. Cook 10 min/100°C/speed 3. Pour mixture into prepared tins and cover with foil. This is to prevent water from dripping onto the cake during steaming. Alternatively, cover the tins with a muslin cloth and secure with an elastic band.
5. Lay down a pair of chopsticks on the bottom layer of the Varoma dish and place tin on top. Place the second tin onto the Varoma tray.
6. Pour water into mixing bowl (no need to clean the bowl) and carefully place Varoma into position and cook 60 min/Varoma/speed 1.
7. Upon completion of the cooking time, cook for a further 15 min/Varoma/speed 1.
8. Remove tins from Varoma and allow to cool. Once cool, carefully remove the cakes from the tin.
Be very careful when removing the Varoma after the completion of the cooking time to avoid scalding yourself with hot steam.
For individual serves use silicone cupcake moulds instead of 2 round sandwich tins.
The cake will become firmer after a few days.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Peppermint Choc Chip Ice Cream
- Walnut and coffee cheesecake slice
- VEGAN Cranberry & Vanilla Protein Balls
- Raw Caramel Nut Slice
- Chocolate,Ginger and Orange Bliss Balls / Protein Balls
- Raw Jaffa Slice
- Golden Gaytime Slice
- Halawet El Rez
- Maple Pancakes
- Pear sorbet
- Custard (like Paul’s)
- Choc Hazelnut Bliss Balls
- Sesame and Linseed Gluten free bread
- Fast 800 Smoked Salmon Omelette conversion by Thermo-lish
- Meatloaf with Honey Mustard Glaze
- Chocolate zucchini cake
- Homemade Ricotta Herb Dip
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies
- Superhealthy Kids' Double Chocolate Banana Cake
- Bavarian Spice Rub - Best Chicken Rub Ever!
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Cheat's Cream cheese (Philly cheese substitute)
- Cheats kousa
- Char Kuey Teow