- 150 g Any combination of dried fruit such as berries, dates, raisins, candied citurs peal, etc, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, desiccated coconut, Use any combination or 1 type only
- 140 g Butter
- 80 g Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cacoa powder
- 100 g rolled oats
- 30 g wheat germ
- 50 g puffed rice or rice bubbles
Recipe is created for
9Afternoon tea Breakfast Brunch Lunch Snack Alcohol-free Children food Egg free Autumn Carnival Chinese New Year Christmas Easter Father's Day Grandparent's Day Halloween Mother's Day New Year’s Eve Ramadan Spring Summer Valentine’s Day Winter Biscuit/cookie Cake Praline/sweets Creative Easy Low budget Natural Quick Birthday Buffet Children birthday Everyday Gift Holiday Kids in the kitchen Party Picnic Dessert
Place dried fruit /seeds / coconut in Mixing bowl and mix on speed 8 for 5 seconds. Set aside. (no need to clean bowl)
Place butter, sugar and cocoa powder in TM bowl and heat on 100 speed 1 for 10 min. (Thats right, 10 mins!)
Add reserved fruit mix, oats, wheat and puffed rice. Mix on "Counter-clockwise operation" , speed 2 for 30 - 40 seconds or until well combined. Use spatula to help mix if needed. Add more oats or wheat germ if mixture is too moist.
Place tightly in baking tray (use baking paper to press firmly down into the tray) and refrigerate until set. Cut in squares and serve. Store in refriderator until needed.
Accessories you need
Any dried fruit can be used. If nuts are allowed include a few nuts in the 150 g mixed fruit batch
Use 30g dark or white choc chips in place of cocao powder to have a wonderful chocolate taste. Thus, put choc chips in stead of Cocao in recipe and leave to melt/cook with the butter and sugar.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Donut ice-cream
- Superfood Seed Bar
- Barney Banana Ice Cream
- Super Easy Waffles
- Biscoff Icecream
- Cherry Ripe Slice
- Raw Berry Caramel Slice
- Snow Skin Mooncake
- Mooncake Fruit Custard Filling
- Mandarin, Almond & Cardamom Muffins
- Apple & Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- White Chocolate & Berry Cheesecake - Gluten Free
- Fast Easy GF Spice Carrot and Orange Cake
- Buttered Caramel Popcorn Cupcake
- BBQ Salt (Braai Sout)
- EASY Apricot and Peach/Nectarine Chutney (South African)
- Hot Cross Fudge
- Gluten Free Cheese and Herb Snack Sticks (Lunchbox)
- "Its all about Christmas" Cupcakes
- Pecan and Date Christmas Tart
- African Surprise Christmas Cocktail (Rooibos)
- Eggnog - Alcohol Free (or not!)
- Halloween Mice and Spiders - Healthy, Nut Free
- Moroccan Style Marinade with Chickpeas
- Whole orange, date, walnut, chia and oat muffins
- Moreish Coffee Streusel Slice
- DATE, APRICOT AND CRANBERRY LOAF
- Macadmia Nut tartlets
- Donut ice-cream
- Chocolate Meringue Brownie Cake
- Melting Moments
- Chocky Rock Biscuits - Cornflake and choc chip biscuits
- Banana Bread Donuts
- Curried sausages
- Chocolate Malteser Slice
- White Choc, Macadamia & Rasberry Blondies