- 1 teaspoon Pandan extract, thick paste
- 200 g glutinous rice flour
- 160 g water, room temperature
- 20 g sugar
- 10 g Gula Melaka, shredded coarsely with a knife
- 50 g dessicated coconut, dry
1. Place the water and pandan extract into the TM bowl. Mix at speed 1 for 5 sec.
2. Then add the glutinous rice flour and sugar into the TM bowl and knead for 2 mins.
3. When the dough is the right consistency, place on a Thermomat to shape into small round balls about 2cm in diameter.
4. Poke a pinky sized finger hole in each dough ball to add the filling. You would only need about 1/4 teaspoon for each ball. Then reseal by rolling the dough together. Ensure that there's no cracks where the filling may 'leak'.
5. Add 1L water into TM bowl and boil for 10 mins at speed 1, 100 temperature.
6. Place simmer basked into the bowl and drop 5 to 7 pieces of the balls into the water. Set the temperature at 100, speed 2 for another 20 mins without MC.
7. When some of the balls begin to float, stop the TM and remove to place onto a flat plate with the dessicated coconut. Coat each ball until covered. Then set aside.
8. Repeat step 6 and 7 until all balls are boiled and coated. Best served cooled at room temperature with tea.
If the dough is looking too wet, add a teaspoon of glutinous rice flour. If the dough seems dry and has not formed into one dough piece, reset the knead function for 1 minute while adding a teaspoon of water through the lid.
Instead of using store-bought Pandan Extract, you could also make your own Pandan Juice (from A Taste of Asia cookbook, pg. 22). Replace 1 tsp pandan extract and 160g water recipe with 160g of Pandan Juice.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- One Minute Snickers from Wholefood Simply
- Indian rice pudding
- Caramilk No Bake Cheesecake
- White Chocolate, Cherry Brandy Balls
- Churros - Gluten free
- Chocolate avocado mousse
- Fresh mango muesli
- Layelles too easy Caramilk Tart
- No bake Malteser cheesecake with caramilk swirl
- Baked Espresso Martini Cheesecake with Kahlua Syrup
- Layelle’s too easy chocolate tart
- Dad's Easy Chicken Curry
- Pumpkin Zucchini Cheesy Mini Muffins
- Char Siew (BBQ Pork) Rice (TM5 Boiled Rice Automated Recipe HACK)
- Ham and Tomato Rice (TM5 Boiled Rice Automated Recipe HACK)
- Brookie - Chocolate Chip Brownie Swirl Cookies
- Sambal Belacan Tumis (Fried Chili Shrimp Paste)
- Traditional Mooncake with Red Bean paste
- Malaysian Chicken Laksa
- Flourless Sugar-Free Dark Chocolate Cherry Brownies
- Stir Fried Mushroom and Egg Noodles
- Sticky Apple Chocolate Cake
- Kuih Lapis Legit (Spekkoek)
- Bulgolgi (Korean Beef)
- Choc Quinoa Brownie
- Raspberry & Rosewater Vodka
- Super Hot Chilli Jam
- Lahme bajin dough recipe
- Parmesan Garlic Flatbread
- Easy Almond Bread/ Biscotti
- Reduced Sugar Dairy Free Brownies (GF)
- American Banana Bread
- Carrot Fruit Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Gluten Free Cornflake Bikkies
- Ouma’s soetkoekies (sweet biscuits)