- 250 g blanched almonds
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, chilled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt flakes, good quality
- 1 egg, chilled
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- zest and juice of 1 orange
- 25 g Coconut Syrup, or additional maple syrup if preferred
- 100 g Maple syrup
- 300 g chilled coconut cream, solids only
- 8 egg yolks
- 60 g arrowroot flour
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Grease base and sides of 23cm pie tin with removable base. Line base with greaseproof paper.
- Place almonds into TM mixing bowl and grind for 3 seconds/speed 10. Sieve.
- Return larger pieces to TM bowl and mill again for 2 - 3 seconds/speed 10. Sieve.
- Continue this process until you have 200g of sieved finely ground blanched almond flour. Return the sieved almond mill to the TM bowl.
- Add salt, coconut oil, and egg and mix for 5 – 10 seconds/ speed 4 until just combined.
- Remove from bowl and roll into ball. Wrap in cling film and chill in fridge for 15 minutes.
- Roll out between 2 sheets of grease proof paper. Transfer to pie tin and patch as required. It should cover base and reach approx. 2.5 cm up the sides.
- Return to fridge for 15 - 20 minutes before baking.
- Bake in preheated oven for approx. 15 – 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove pastry from oven and allow shell to cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 120C.
Place lemon and orange zest into the TM bowl and mill for 10 seconds/speed 9. Scrape down sides of bowl. Repeat.
Add coconut syrup and maple syrup and stir 5 seconds/speed 3 to combine.
Add coconut cream (solids only), egg yolks, lemon and orange juice (approx. 200g) and cook 5 minutes/60C/speed 3.
Add arrowroot and cook 5 minutes/80C/speed 4.
Pour citrus filling into pastry shell and bake 20 – 25 minutes, or until filling is just set.
Remove from oven; cooling slightly before refrigerating for a minimum of 4 hours, preferably overnight.
Serve with whipped coconut cream or coconut ice cream.
This recipe is gluten free, grain free, dairy free and refined sugar free.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Choc Mint Bliss Balls with Crown Mints
- One Minute Snickers from Wholefood Simply
- Indian rice pudding
- Caramilk No Bake Cheesecake
- White Chocolate, Cherry Brandy Balls
- Churros - Gluten free
- Chocolate avocado mousse
- Fresh mango muesli
- Layelles too easy Caramilk Tart
- No bake Malteser cheesecake with caramilk swirl
- Baked Espresso Martini Cheesecake with Kahlua Syrup
- Nigella's Chocolate Gingerbread
- Double layer chocolate frosted Birthday cake
- Healthy Chocolate, Raspberry and Blueberry muffins
- GF DF Savoury Muffins
- Choc Quinoa Brownie
- Easy Almond Bread/ Biscotti
- Reduced Sugar Dairy Free Brownies (GF)
- American Banana Bread
- Carrot Fruit Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Gluten Free Cornflake Bikkies
- Ouma’s soetkoekies (sweet biscuits)
- Best Ever Aussie pumpkin pie