- 4 eggs, separated
- 700 grams water or almond milk, plus a little extra if needed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 300 g banana flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda, or 2 tsp baking powder
- 2-4 tablespoons coconut oil, for cooking
- 200 grams fresh or frozen blueberries
- 50 grams honey or maple, or more to taste
- 50 grams Butter or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat your waffle iron.
In a clean and dry bowl add the egg whites and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and the honey. Insert the butterfly.
Slowly increase to speed 3.5 and whip the egg whites for 3-5 minutes or until the whites are stiff and fluffy.
Transfer to a large mixing bowl, you need space later to fold in the batter later.
Remove the butterfly and add the rest of the ingredients, starting with the wet and adding the flour and baking soda last. Mix for 30 seconds slowly increasing to speed 5.
Scrape into the bowl with the egg whites, to one side.
Grease your hot waffle iron well with coconut oil, top and bottom. I find I can just put some solid oil on the hot iron and use a brush to spread it rather than needed to melt it first if it is solidified.
Spoon in about a half cup of the mixture for a smaller iron or as much as needed for a larger one into the middle of the waffle iron. Spread it out a little then close the lid and cook until done. Mine take about 1-2 minutes.
Combine all the ingredients in your Thermomix and cook for 10 mins/100'C/.
Serve with your pancakes with extra butter!
Banana Flour Waffle Batter
You can keep them warm in the oven but they will get soft. This is a double batch. Its great to plan to have extras and as they are ready pop into a toast rack to cool. I undercook the extra ones we wont eat then pop them in the freezer to warm segments in the toaster another day.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Paleo Chicken, Sage & Brandy Pate - Dairy Free Option
- Cream of Smokey Tomato Soup - Paleo, GAPS, Dairy Free, Vegan
- Mexican Baked Rice - Primal Grain Free Option
- Paleo Soft American Style Cookies 3 ways! - Grain & Gluten Free, Vegan option
- Paleo Fluffy Waffles with Whipped Coconut Cream - Gluten, Grain & Dairy Free.
- "Un-Fried Cauli Rice" - Paleo, GAPS, Gluten & Grain Free, Vego option
- Paleo ANZAC biscuits (Gluten & Grain Free)
- GAPS & Paleo Zucchini Pancakes - Hidden Veggies
- Delicious Paleo Butter Chicken Curry - Mild (GAPS, gluten & dairy free option)
- 2 ingredient Pumpkin Custard (Dairy, Grain & Gluten Free, GAPS & Paleo)
- Super Silky Paleo Cauliflower & Parsnip Mash
- Easter Spiced Paleo Cookies (GAPS, Grain & Gluten Free)
- Lemon and Goji Switchel
- Apple Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Spicy turmeric latte
- Tiny Teddies- Honey
- Beetroot Juice - great for Pre & Post Training
- Grain free dark chocolate Brownies adapted from Arman at thebigmansworld.com
- Tumeric Soy Latte
- Hot Cross Buns with plain flour
- Lemon & Blueberry Muffins (Paleo)
- Vegan “cheese” puffs
- Hemp rolls Vegan/Paleo/Gaps
- Banana and honey Bundt cake