- 350 g sugar
- zest of one orange, peeled with sharp knife or peeler, avoiding pith
- 20 g fresh ginger, (2cm)
- 350-400g fresh rhubarb, (4-5 stalks), roughly chopped
- 620 g water
- Pinch salt
- 40 g glucose syrup
Place sugar, orange zest and ginger into a clean, dry TM bowl and mill 10 seconds/ speed 8. Add rhubarb, water, salt and glucose syrup and cook 10-15 minutes/100˚C/speed 1.5 or until the rhubarb falls apart easily and the sugar has dissolved.
Remove jug from base and let mixture cool 10 minutes. Return to base and purée 20 seconds/speed 10.
Strain mixture, reserving liquid and discarding pulp.
Pour liquid into ice cube trays and freeze overnight. Place frozen cubes in clean, dry TM bowl and crush 20 seconds/speed 10 while stirring with the spatula through the hole in the lid. Serve immediately or return mixture to freezer to freeze until firm.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate self saucing pudding
- Green Tea Panna Cotta
- Znoud el sit
- Variation Rice Pudding - recipe adapted to properly mix in the egg!
- Pineapple Rice Pudding
- Variation LEMON CHEESECAKE
- Allergy Friendly Chocolate Balls
- Banana Tart
- Lotus biscuit kenef
- Apricot Nectar Cheesecake - No bake/unbaked
- Vegan Carrot Cake
- White Chocolate Mud Cake
- Quinoa cornbread (or muffins or slice)
- Healthy(ier) Monte Carlo Biscuits
- Lemon Curd and Blueberry Streusel Cake
- Slow cooked lamb madras curry
- Roasted Green Chicken Curry
- Cheesy Pumpkin and Caraway Pan Scones
- Jude Blereau's World Peace Bars
- Baklava Muffins
- Vanilla Sugar Biscuits
- Shortbread Stars
- Boules de Neige (Snowballs)
- Chocolate and espresso brulee tarts