- 1200 gram water
- 300 gram Tapioca Sago Pearls
- 1 egg white, Whisked lightly
- 80 gram water, for the Palm Sugar Syrup
- 150 gram palm sugar, Cut into 1cm for the Palm Sugar Syrup
- 80 gram raw sugar, for the Palm Sugar Syrup
- 1 can coconut cream, To Serve
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
This is one of my favourite Malaysian Desserts. The flavours of the coconut milk and palm sugar really compliment eachother. A wonderful, refreshing and easy dessert to make in your Thermomix. And the end to Tapioca stuck to the bottom of a pot!
Add 1200 gm Water to jug and boil for
Time: 10mins Temp:100 degrees, Speed 1
Add 300 gm Tapioca Sago Pearls to boiled water and cook for Time:15 mins Temp: 100 degrees, Speed 1 on REVERSE.
In a separate large bowl, whisk up the egg white and set aside.
Tapioca Pearls look transparent when they are cooked. Once cooked, strain Tapioca in a sieve under cold running water. You may need to do this in two batches. Then add to the large bowl with the egg white. Using the spatula coat the Tapioca with the egg white. Then pour into a large jelly mould (I used a fluted ring mould). If you don't have a mould, you can pour this into a bowl, wrap and place in the fridge to set for 1hr.
To make the Palm Sugar Syrup add to jug:
80gm Water, 150gm of Palm Sugar (cut into 1cm), 80gm Raw Sugar and cook for Time: 4mins Temp:100 degrees Speed:2
Pour Syrup into a small bowl and set aside.
Unmould Tapioca Mould and place a small portion in bowl. Drizzle with Coconut Cream and Palm Sugar Syrup. Enjoy!
Sago Gula Melaka
Accessories you need
You can purchase Tapioca Sago from Woolworths or any Asian grocery. I would highly recommend buying the Palm Sugar from any Asian Grocery as you will be able to find a darker, richer palm sugar.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Nanna's Lemon Sago
- Tim Tam tarts (or cheesecake)
- Black rice steam cake gluten-free
- Easy strawberry baked cheesecake
- VEGAN CHOC MINT FUDGE
- VEGAN SALTED CARAMEL FUDGE
- Cherry ripe ice-cream slice
- Creamy Vanilla Ice-cream
- Nutella chocolate mousse
- Chocolate crackle Caramel slice
- Quick Cacao & Peppermint Bliss Balls - Nut & Dairy Free
- White Chocolate and Coconut Rice Pudding
- Infant/toddler veggie dhal
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- ❤Spinach & fetta and pull-apart bread❤
- Nanna's Lemon Sago
- Tear and share brie, garlic + herb bread wreath
- Sweet Potato Salad with honey mustard dressing
- Swirl Layered Mooncake
- Lactation Cookies
- Black bean milk
- Vegan Cashew Cheese
- Quick and easy bread rolls
- Fried rice- Portuguese style