THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 200 g glutinous rice flour
- 2 teaspoon raw sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Shallot Oil, Peanut Oil reserved after frying Shallots
- 250 g water
- 150 g Diced roasted peanuts
- 40 g Toasted Sesames
- 75 g raw sugar
1. Mix Glutinous Rice Flour, Sugar, Salt, Shallot Oil and Water in a bowl. Stir to combine, ensure flour is completely dissolved. No lumps.
2. Pour mixture into a flat dish that fits the Varoma. I use two flat metal dishes that fits on both Varoma Dish and Tray.
3. Steam for 15 min, 100 deg, speed soft.
4. Test the center to ensure it is cooked through. Brush surface with shallot oil and leave to cool.
1. Crush peanuts and sugar, 2-3 seconds, Speed 8. Texture is up to you. If you desire a finer texture, please mill for longer.
2. Mix with sesame seeds.
1. Use a teaspoon and scoop out dollops of steamed glutinous rice and toss in the peanut sugar crumb mixture.
2. Serve immediately.
Steamed Glutinous Rice Dollops
Peanut Sugar Crumbs
Putting both together
A Malaysian treat that is normally sold in wet markets. Easy to make at home, and cheap too! You can also mill your own glutinous rice flour with your Thermomix.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Egg Free Caramel Custard - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Chocolate Hazelnut Protein Balls
- Rice Bubble Slice - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Apricot & coconut bites
- Pear Crumble - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Butterscotch Self-Saucing Pudding - RPAH/Failsafe Friendly
- Val's Pavlova
- Estelles Apple Crumble
- Vegan GF Homemade Chocolates
- Nut-free Bliss Balls
- Taste Christmas Cake
- Keto Chocolate Nut Seed balls
- Quick & Easy Banana Date Loaf
- Banana & Date Cake (Sugar Free)
- Orange Chiffon Cake
- Malaysian Thick Satay Peanut Sauce
- Kaya (Coconut custard jam) - Thick and smooth
- 10 Minutes Authentic Clear Tom Yum Goong
- Mantau (Steamed Plain Chinese Buns)
- (Converted) Adam Liaw's Char Siu Pork Neck
- Tomato with Curry Leaves Soup
- Pane Al Cioccolato (Chocolate Chip Bun)
- Chinese New Year - Pineapple Jam Tarts
- Chinese New Year - Peanut Cookies
- Simple Cauliflower Cous Cous Salad
- Cob Loaf - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- No Roll Scones - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Eggless Cupcakes - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Doughnut Bundt
- Ibu Sambal
- Flaky pastry sausage rolls
- Beef Massaman Curry
- Could it be Gravy - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Steamed South Pacific Fish
- South Pacific Raita