- 90 grams Golden Syryp, plus 2 tbsp extra, to serve(optional)
- 2 oranges(large), or 4 small oranges
- 200 grams Butter
- 220 grams light brown sugar
- 200 grams Self Raising Flour
- 1 level tsp baking powder
- 90 grams hazelnut or almond meal
- 4 eggs
Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fanforced.. Grease and line a 23cm round cake pan. Drizzle golden syrup over base of pan. Don't use a springform pan, as the golden syrup may leak out from the base during cooking.
Firstly, mill hazelnuts or almonds(whichever option) 8-10secs on speed 7 and set aside.
Peel rind from 2 oranges with a peeler and grate10-20secs on speed 8. Peel the 2 oranges or 4 if using small ones and cut into 1cm slices. Arrange slices over base of pan( reserve leftover slices that don't fit in base of pan).
Add butter and soften at 50C for 40secs on speed 4 then add all other ingrediients including the nut meal and reserved orange slices and mix for 20-40secs on speed 5-6 or till combined and smooth. Spoon mixture into pan over orange slices, making a slight hollow in centre to ensure even rising.
Bake for 45-60mins, until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 mins before turning out onto a wire rack. Drizzle with extra golden syrup, if you wish. Slice and serve.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Custard (like Paul’s)
- Choc Hazelnut Bliss Balls
- Homemade Sprinkles (Royal Icing | egg free)
- Healthy carrot, chia and walnut balls
- New York Baked Cheesecake
- Chocolate Magic Cake
- Knefah Cups
- Dutch chocolate pudding
- Steamed date, fig and chocolate puddings with caramel sauce
- Cherry Ripe Balls
- Peppermint Crisp Log
- family sized Apple and raspberry crumble
- Surf & Turf Seafood Sauce
- Lemon Drop Cookies (no sugar | egg yolk cookies)
- Lemonade Scones
- Honey Sriracha Marinade
- Variation Easy American Banana Cookies
- Creamy Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce
- onion sauce
- CWA Afghan Biscuits
- Apple Banana Muffins
- Lebanese Cabbage Rolls
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- CHICKEN AND PRAWN LAKSA