- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry
- 120 g sugar
- 400 g Milk
- 300 g cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 40 g cornflour
- 40 g custard powder
- 60 g Butter
Recipe is created for
Preheat oven to 220 degrees celsius. Place puff pastry on baking trays and bake in oven for 10-12 minutes until just brown. Remove from oven and press down a spatula while still hot to flatten. Allow to cool. Place sugar in TMX bowl, and grind on speed 9 for 5 seconds. Add remaining ingredients and cook on 80 degrees for 15 minutes at speed 4. Have a taste of the custard and if it tastes too floury, cook for another 5 minutes at 80 degrees. Increase temperature to 100 degrees and cook for 7 minutes at speed 4. Line a 25cm square tin with baking paper, so that it extends up all four sides of the tin. Trim pastry sheet to fit the bottom of the tin, and place in the tin with browned side facing up. Pour custard over pastry, spreading it out nice and smooth. Trim remaining pastry sheet to fit top of the tin and place on top of custard with browned side facing down. Refrigerate for 4-5 hours until completely cold (you can pop it in the freezer for the first 30-40 minutes to speed up the chilling process but don't forget to take it out and place in the fridge.) Spread top of slice with icing made from a little melted butter, icing sugar and hot water. Allow to set before removing slice from tin, cutting into slices and serving. Makes 16 large squares.
28/6/2015 - recipe has been edited...amount of cornflour and custard powder reduced to make a softer, creamier custard.
Recipe and more information can be found on my blog: //www.tonicoward.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/thermomix-cooking-vanilla-slice.html
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Choc Mousse 2 ingredients low Fodmap
- Cookie Dough Protein Bars
- Variation Choc Mint Bliss Balls with Crown Mints
- One Minute Snickers from Wholefood Simply
- Indian rice pudding
- Caramilk No Bake Cheesecake
- White Chocolate, Cherry Brandy Balls
- Churros - Gluten free
- Chocolate avocado mousse
- Fresh mango muesli
- Layelles too easy Caramilk Tart
- Chocolate Coconut Slice
- Variation Risotto Arrabbiata
- Cookie Dough Protein Bars
- Gingerbread sweet potato slice
- Variation Honey Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Roll
- Chocolate Panforte
- Peanut butter short bread
- Nigella's Chocolate Gingerbread
- Double layer chocolate frosted Birthday cake