- 225 grams almonds, Can be blanched or not
- 900 grams filtered water, Can be unfiltered but better to be filtered
- 3 Fresh Dates
- 1/4 tsp salt
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Soak almonds for at least 6 hours or overnight is preferred. Make sure almonds are covered by 3 inches or more of water and use filtered water if possible.
2. Rinse almonds and then place into Thermomix bowl with the 900 grams of water 90 seconds on speed 9.
3. Drain into a glass bowl, using a nut bag or muslin cloth and squeeze gently to get most of liquid from pulp. Discard pulp from bag/cloth or preserve if using for something esle.
4. Rinse Thermomix bowl and pour drained mixture back into it and add the salt and the Dates (making sure you have taken pips out of dates first) 60 seconds speed 9. Drain again through nut bag or muslin cloth, again gently squeezing bag/cloth to get most out of it.
5. Pour freshly made almond milk into glass container...and refrigerate. Will make nearly 1 litre and keep up to about a week in fridge.
I use filtered water as it is nicer and better quality I also use the dates to give slight sweetness and is a natural sweetner. Storing in glass is more hygenic and preserves the milk for longer.
Accessories you need
A nut bag or muslin cloth to drain the nut milk through.
A 1 litre mason jar or glass bottle to store milk in fridge.
I find that the more almonds you use the creamy it will be, so if you don't like it so creamy use 1 cup (150 grams) of almonds instead. But I find this is so yummy and is much cheaper and better for you than store bought.
I also shake before using.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Simple Sweet & Sour Dipping Sauce
- BBQ Sauce
- Churros - Gluten free
- Vegan Pesto
- Tofu Ricotta Lasagna Roll Ups
- Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Heidi's German Butterkuchen (Buttercake)
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Zucchini Slice - paleo, keto, gluten free
- Caramel butterscotch scrolls
- Sweet Vanilla and Orange Trail Mix
- Mandy’s Chicken and Mushroom Filling