- 3 tbsp cloves
- 1/4 cup green cardamom
- 1 1/2 tbsp Black cardamom
- 2 1/2 --- sticks cinnamon
- 1/4 cup dried ginger powder
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg, optional
- 1-1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp chai masala spice mix
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Combine cloves, green cardamom, black peppercorns and cinnamon.
- Place the whole spices in the mixing bowl and mill 30sec/speed 10
- Add ginger powder and nutmeg (if using) and mill again 30sec/speed 9
- Store in an airtight container and use as required.
- Place water, tea bags / tea leaves and chai masala in the mixing bowl and cook 8mins/90deg/speed 1/reverse
- Add milk and sugar and cook a further
- Reduce the heat and brew the tea 3mins/70deg/speed 1/reverse.
- Strain and serve hot. Adjust the sugar to your taste.
Masala Chai drink
Tip: Chai Masala should stay fresh for 4 months.
You can vary the proportions of the masala to suit your taste, eg… you may prefer more
Variations: you can add 200g pf powdered milk as well to your masala. It will give the
masala chai a creamier taste.
Makes 2 cups.
Proportion of milk to water can vary depending on how milky you like your tea. Add more
spice if you prefer an extra kick to your tea.
If using tea bags, place the simmering basket inside the mixing bowl at step 1 and then
add the tea bags inside the mixing bowl so that it doesn’t tear.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- CARAMELITAS (SALTED CARAMEL FLAPJACKS)
- Vegemite and Cheese Stackers
- Low Sugar Plum Jam or Apricot Jam
- Apricot Roll Ups / Fruit Leathers - @Thermo.Cazza
- Best Ever BBQ Sauce - Weebindi Version
- White Jumbo Soft and Fluffy Bread
- Clinker Cheesecake Slice
- Red Wine Brownies with Walnuts and Drunken Cranberries
- Chewy Chocolate Slice
- Sticky Date Cheesecake with Caramel Fudge Sauce
- The English Carrot
- Carrot and Almond Loaf