- 3 tbsp cloves
- 1/4 cup green cardamom
- 1 1/2 tbsp Black cardamom
- 2 1/2 --- sticks cinnamon
- 1/4 cup dried ginger powder
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg, optional
- 1-1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp chai masala spice mix
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Combine cloves, green cardamom, black peppercorns and cinnamon.
- Place the whole spices in the mixing bowl and mill 30sec/speed 10
- Add ginger powder and nutmeg (if using) and mill again 30sec/speed 9
- Store in an airtight container and use as required.
- Place water, tea bags / tea leaves and chai masala in the mixing bowl and cook 8mins/90deg/speed 1/reverse
- Add milk and sugar and cook a further
- Reduce the heat and brew the tea 3mins/70deg/speed 1/reverse.
- Strain and serve hot. Adjust the sugar to your taste.
Masala Chai drink
Tip: Chai Masala should stay fresh for 4 months.
You can vary the proportions of the masala to suit your taste, eg… you may prefer more
Variations: you can add 200g pf powdered milk as well to your masala. It will give the
masala chai a creamier taste.
Makes 2 cups.
Proportion of milk to water can vary depending on how milky you like your tea. Add more
spice if you prefer an extra kick to your tea.
If using tea bags, place the simmering basket inside the mixing bowl at step 1 and then
add the tea bags inside the mixing bowl so that it doesn’t tear.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Toblerone Cocktail
- Lemon Cordial
- Passionfruit mojito
- Paleo Spiced Almond and Date Hot Chocolate (Vegan, GF)
- Lychee Apple Dream Cocktail
- Fiona’s Iced Coffee
- Pineapple and Coconut Daiquiri
- Wholefood Cacao / Hot Chocolate
- Heavenly BoozyBunny Easter Chocolate Cocktail
- Purple smoothie
- Best Quality Life Grapes-Clove healing
- Tim Tam Milkshake
- Roti Boy
- Pear Crumble - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Gourmet crackers
- Torcetti al burro
- Gluten free lemon meringue pie
- Orange drizzle cake
- Dans Cinnamon Scrolls
- Apple & Walnut Muffins - Gluten Free
- Gluten Free Cheesecake (with dairy free option)
- Pork Pot Stickers
- Butterscotch Self-Saucing Pudding - RPAH/Failsafe Friendly
- Anzac Slice - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly