- 20 g ginger, peeled & thinly sliced
- 2 star anise
- 2 cinnamon sticks, broken in 2
- 4 cloves
- 1 chilli, cut in 4
- 400 g water
- 500 g orange juice
- 1 lemon, zest & juice
- 50-100 g honey, depending on how sweet you like it
- 1 orange, cut into small pieces, to serve
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Add ginger, star anise, cinnamon, cloves, chilli & water to Thermomix bowl
- Cook 12 mins/100 deg/Speed 1 with simmering basket placed on lid
- Add orange juice, lemon zest & juice, and honey
- Cook 3 mins/100 deg/Speed 1 with simmering basket placed on lid
- Add chopped orange pieces to 4 mugs
- Take lid off Thermomix, place simmering basket in bowl to strain drink into each of the mugs over the orange pieces
Accessories you need
Adapted from Fast Ed's stovetop version.
I make this whenever I feel a cold coming on as it is so warming & comforting whilst being a great Vitamin C kick.
If you want more heat then feel free to bump up the ginger & chilli to taste.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cinnamon and Mint Tea
- ELDERBERRY SYRUP with extra cloves
- Healthy up & run Smoothie
- Salted Caramel Baileys, Cocopops and Nutella Milkshakes
- Chocolate Fudge creamy frappe
- LCHF Iced Coffee
- Iced tea syrup
- Raspberry Slushie
- BBC (Bailey's Banana Colada) Cocktail Recipe
- Pink lemonade
- Ginger & Lime Cordial
- Fi's Whiskey Cream Liqueur
- Hot cross buns
- Green pesto vegetable soup
- Vegan “cheese” puffs
- Claypot Rice
- CREAM FILLED ECLAIRS WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- Hemp rolls Vegan/Paleo/Gaps
- White Chocolate & Cream Cheese Buttercream Icing
- Blueberry and Lemon Hot Cross Buns
- Sweet & Sour Pork Belly
- Banana and honey Bundt cake
- Pea & Mint Hummus
- Cauliflower whip