- 35 grams pearl barley, the kind you use for soups
- 1 litre water, filetered is best
- 100 grams sugar, one TM MC
- 1 --- lemon, juice and rind
8Recipe is created for
Remove rind from lemon with a potato peeler
Place barley and water in TM bowl
Add lemon rind
Cook for 25 min at 100 degrees on speed 1
add lemon juice and sugar and mix for 20 seconds on speed 2
Strain into a jug and cool in the fridge
when cool serve poured over ice in a tall glass
Add a squeeze or slice of lemon for extra freshness.
Strained barley can be used to thicken soups and stews
Lemon Barley Water
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Lemon Cordial Concentrate
- Using All About Breads mixes
- Chocolate Bean Cake with Coconut Butter Cream
- Ginger Loaf
- Judith's Hedgehog Slice
- Raw vegan jam donut balls
- Roasted Butternut Pumpkin Soup
- Banana, Coconut & Walnut Loaf With Cream Cheese Frosting
- Almond Bread
- Italian Vegetable Risotto
- Pearl Barley with Spinach & Pork Mince
- My lemon and barley water