- 30 g oatmeal
- 1000 g water
- ½ - 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 100 g canned passionfruit pulp or fresh passionfruit pulp
- 100 g raw sugar
Place oatmeal into mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 8.
Add water, cinnamon, passionfruit pulp and sugar and cook 20 min/100°C/speed 1. Strain mixture through simmering basket into a large jug.
Place jug into refrigerator to chill prior to serving.
· Prepare this delicious "breakfast on run" the night before if you are expecting a busy or demanding day ahead.
The day starts very early for the children of Ecuador, with most starting school at around 7am! Many children are out the door before 6am and so, to ensure their children are getting a decent start to the day, many caregivers incorporate cereals or grains into a drink to serve as a quick breakfast. This dates back to ancient Incan times when warriors consumed drinks rich in quinoa and other cereals before entering into battle, as a way to sustain their energy levels.
Recipe by Maria (Mayfe) Fernanda Loayza Hidalgo, President of Thermomix Ecuador, Peru and Panama.
Other users also liked...
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Choc Peppermint Fudgey Bean Biscuits- Egg, gluten and nut free.
- Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
- White Chocolate and Apricot Hot Cross Buns
- Easy Peel Steamed Peaches
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Zucchini Donuts
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling
- Choc Protein Balls
- Real Deli Chicken
- Failsafe No-mato Sauce
- Supersoft Bread
- Variation Never Fail Fluffy Bread