- 30 g oatmeal
- 1000 g water
- ½ - 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 100 g canned passionfruit pulp or fresh passionfruit pulp
- 100 g raw sugar
Place oatmeal into mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 8.
Add water, cinnamon, passionfruit pulp and sugar and cook 20 min/100°C/speed 1. Strain mixture through simmering basket into a large jug.
Place jug into refrigerator to chill prior to serving.
· Prepare this delicious "breakfast on run" the night before if you are expecting a busy or demanding day ahead.
The day starts very early for the children of Ecuador, with most starting school at around 7am! Many children are out the door before 6am and so, to ensure their children are getting a decent start to the day, many caregivers incorporate cereals or grains into a drink to serve as a quick breakfast. This dates back to ancient Incan times when warriors consumed drinks rich in quinoa and other cereals before entering into battle, as a way to sustain their energy levels.
Recipe by Maria (Mayfe) Fernanda Loayza Hidalgo, President of Thermomix Ecuador, Peru and Panama.
Other users also liked...
- Royal Mojito- Sugar Free
- Frozen Espresso Matrini
- Green Smoothie
- Caz’s Caramilk Cocktail
- Orange cordial concentrate
- 50/50 Lemon and Orange cordial concentrate
- Lemon Cordial Concentrate
- Strawberry Smoothie
- Mudslide with Keto IceCream
- Passion Mango "Boost Juice style smoothie"
- Dairy Free Breakfast Smoothie
- Pineapple and Lemon Slushy
- Parmesan cheese crisps
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Cantonese style Sweet Corn and Crab Meat Soup
- Pumpkin Pie
- Blood Orange Marmalade
- Rosa's Vol au Vents
- Banoffee Porridge
- Sweet and sour pork with steamed rice
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup
- Kick-ass Cheddar Cheese and Jalapeño Biscuits
- Hunker Begendi
- Stuffed Capsicums with Tomato, Mince & Rice
- Creamy Leche Flan
- Genovese pasta