- 100 g organic soy beans
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar, or substitute with whey from yoghurt making
- 1 litre filtered water
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup, substitute with rice malt syrup, honey or other sweetener to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, optional
- 1/2 tsp calcium carbonate, **see below
- 1/2 tsp salt
Recipe is created for
- Add soy beans to a non reactive container such as Tupperware or glass. Cover with filtered water to 10cm or so above beans. Add ACV or whey and gently stir. Leave to soak for at least 24 hours.
- 1. Drain soaked soy beans in basket and rinse well.
2. Place into TM bowl with 400g of the filtered water, the maple syrup, salt and vanilla.
3. Blend on speed 9 for 1 minute. Scrape down.
4. Add remaining water and cook for 10 minutes/90/speed 3.
5. Scoop off any foam.
6. Cook for 2 minutes/100/speed 3. DO NOT LEAVE. It may boil over, so you need to watch during this step.
7. Add calcium carbonate and blend a little to mix.
8. Strain using a nut milk bag into a jug and pour into a glass bottle.
This will keep in the fridge for about 4 days.
Accessories you need
* The calcium carbonate (and the salt to a certain extent) is added to alter the pH thereby preventing the soy milk from splitting when added to coffee.
It is available at Health Food Stores or from The Melbourne Food Depot - http://www.melbournefooddepot.com
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sweet & Sour (not Pork) Cauliflower
- Brioche Hot Cross Buns
- Quick & easy pancakes
- Seafood Mornay Sauce
- Easy Four Seed Crackers
- Creamy Cauliflower Sauce (vegan, nut free) adapted from pinch of yum
- Anne's Tomato Relish
- Chelsea Winter's Crazy Italian chocolate cake (egg free, dairy free)
- Raspberry Rounds
- Nana’s (Now Mum’s) Welsh Cakes
- Apple and sultana muffins