- 100 g organic soy beans
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar, or substitute with whey from yoghurt making
- 1 litre filtered water
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup, substitute with rice malt syrup, honey or other sweetener to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, optional
- 1/2 tsp calcium carbonate, **see below
- 1/2 tsp salt
8Recipe is created for
Describe the preparation steps of your recipe
Add soy beans to a non reactive container such as Tupperware or glass. Cover with filtered water to 10cm or so above beans. Add ACV or whey and gently stir. Leave to soak for at least 24 hours.
Drain soaked soy beans in basket and rinse well.
Place into TM bowl with 400g of the filtered water, the maple syrup, salt and vanilla.
Blend on speed 9 for 1 minute. Scrape down.
Add remaining water and cook for 10 minutes/90/speed 3.
Scoop off any foam.
Cook for 2 minutes/100/speed 3. DO NOT LEAVE. It may boil over, so you need to watch during this step.
Add calcium carbonate and blend a little to mix.
Strain use a nut milk bag into a jug and pour into a glass bottle.
This will keep in the fridge for about 4 days.
Accessories you need
* The calcium carbonate (and the salt to a certain extent) is added to alter the pH thereby preventing the soy milk from splitting when added to coffee.
It is available at Health Food Stores or from The Melbourne Food Depot - //www.melbournefooddepot.com
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cherry Ripe Smoothie
- Spicy turmeric latte
- Strawberry Liqueur
- Easy Basic Soy Milk
- Beetroot Juice - great for Pre & Post Training
- Variation Soy Milk 豆浆
- Carrot &Apple juice
- Tumeric Soy Latte
- Cinnamon and Mint Tea
- ELDERBERRY SYRUP with extra cloves
- Healthy up & run Smoothie
- Salted Caramel Baileys, Cocopops and Nutella Milkshakes
- Beef and Guinness Stew
- DinnerWinner Curry
- Variation Easy chicken kimchi
- Easy chicken kimchi
- Chicken, Bacon, Mushroom Fettuccine Carbonara
- Gluten Free Yeast Free Egg Free Bread Rolls
- Wontons in Chilli Broth
- Black Bean Brownies - dairy and gluten free
- Bertha's "St. Patrick's" Gluten Free Zucchini Pancakes
- Autumn Pear cake
- Mexican-Inspired Baked Chicken Wraps with Avocado Dip
- Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing