- 50 g lemon juice, frozen into ice cubes
- 100 g sugar
- 750 g prosecco, or other sparkling wine
- 100 g vodka
- 600 g ice cubes
Freeze lemon juice in an ice cube tray.
Place sugar and 100 grams of cold water in the TM bowl. Mix for 4 minutes/100 degrees/speed 1 to dissolve sugar and create a sugar syrup. Stir on speed 1 (no heat) until cooled to 37 degrees.(If you’re in a rush to start cocktail hour, decant the sugar syrup into a shallow container and rinse the TM with cold water to cool it down, then pour the syrup back in.)
Add frozen lemon juice cubes, prosecco, vodka and ice cubes to the cooled sugar syrup. Blend for 20 seconds/speed 10.
Pour into tall glasses and drink immediately.
This recipe is from my new cookbook - In the Mix 2: More Great Thermomix Recipes. It's my version of the Italian sgroppino, a slushie with a killer cocktail kick. It's traditionally made with lemon gelati but frozen lemon juice and sugar syrup do the trick here. The drink is extremely refreshing - and rather strong, so feel free to reduce the vodka or increase the ice to taste.
To find out more about my book In the Mix 2: More Great Thermomix Recipes, please visit //bit.ly/1tJGuVT
Check out more great cocktails (and heaps of other recipes) at my Thermomix video site danivalentcooking.com!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Inside-out chicken parmigiana - Dani Valent
- Chicken Tart
- Emergency Lentil Soup
- Fortune Cookies
- Basque Cheesecake
- Bloody Caesar and Clam Salad
- Passata - Dani Valent
- Red capsicum pithivier with parmesan pastry
- Double Trouble Fennel and Tomato Chutney
- Semi-dried Tomato Grissini
- Chilli Tomato Sorbet
- Marinara Sauce
- Zucchini Donuts
- Pate au Pistou
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling
- Honey and Rosemary Upside Down Fig Cake
- Failsafe No-mato Sauce
- Supersoft Bread
- Variation Never Fail Fluffy Bread
- Jalapeño Corn Bread
- Coffee whip (dairy free, egg free, vegan)
- Ouma's Banana bread
- Banana and Blueberry Mini Loaf