- 1 small piece ginger, peeled
- 1 can coconut milk
- 100-200 g water
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp chicken stock
- 150-200 g quinoa or rice
- 4 fillets Salmon, (or 2 large to serve 2)
- 2 carrots, cut into sticks
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into florets
- handful of snow peas
- 6 spring onions, cut into 3cm lengths
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Add ginger to the TMX bow, chop for 3 sec / spd 7.
2. Add coconut milk to bowl and enough water to get to 600g total.
3. Add fish sauce, lime juice & chicken stock to bowl.
4. Insert simmering basket & weigh in 150-200g quinoa or rice.
5. Place salmon (skin side up if using skin on) onto Varoma tray.
7. Assemble Varoma on top of Thermomix with the lid on.
8. Cook for 15 mins / Varoma temp / spd 2.
9. Start chopping the carrots, broccoli & snow peas & put them in the Varoma Bowl as you go (they only take around 15-17 mins).
10. Once the 15 minutes is up, add spring onions to Varoma tray around salmon & cook for further 5 mins / Varoma temp / spd 2. If using skin on salmon, preheat the pan to sear the skin.
10. Serve up quinoa/rice & veges while the salmon skin sears (or serve at the same time).
11. The coconut milk should have reduced to a lovely sauce to pour over your meal.
Use any vegetables you like to accompany this dish, this was just what we had in the fridge.
If you use minced ginger (I make & keep mine in the freezer), you can simply add all the sauce ingredients to the bowl.
I've also made this with basa fish fillets, this could also be done with chicken.
This works perfectly well in a TM31.
If you like this, please leave a comment & a rating.
NOTE: I've updated the recipe with slightly extended cooking time.
WHAT TO DO IF YOUR SAUCE DOESN'T THICKEN:
This can happen when the steam doesn't have anywhere to get out. If this happens, follow these steps:
1. Set rice, salmon & veges into Thermoserver.
2. Add 1-2Tbsp cornflour or arrowroot flour to the liquid. Cook 5mins / 90deg / spd3 - check & prolong another 3-5 minutes if necessary until desired thickness is reached.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Stir Fry Prawns
- Asian Ocean Trout/Salmon
- Mum's Easy Salmon Parcels with Quinoa and Pak Choy
- lchf fish cardomon curry
- Tuna Mornay with Hidden Vegetables
- Tuna Mornay
- Roasted snapper with Romesco, pickled vegetable and ricotta salad and a pink grapefruit Hollandaise - Mark Southon
- Quinoa and Salmon Pumpkin Salad
- Sou vide Moreton Bay Bug with cauliflower 3 ways, brioche crumb and hollandaise - Josh Lopez
- Jamie Oliver's Tray Baked Sole
- Tuna Mornay
- GLUTEN FREE CRISPY BATTER FOR FISH
- American Breakfast Pancakes (Nigella Lawson)
- Cheesy Quinoa Zucchini Slice
- Saving Citrus
- Roast Pumpkin & Garlic Hommus
- Deluxe Carrot Cake
- Banana, Fig & Almond Bread
- Strawberries & Cream Fudge
- Raspberry & Coconut Macaroons
- Super Creamy Raspberry Sorbet
- Sneaky Chocolate Cupcakes with Raspberry Frosting
- Campfire Hot Chocolate
- GF Zucchini & Parmesan Loaf (Primal)
- brioche rolls masterchef
- Oli's Chia Pudding
- The Daily Mix - Spreadable Butter
- Number pork ribs
- Sue’s White Bread Loaf
- Mums Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding
- Gluten Free Pizza Dough
- British Take-Away Chicken Korma
- Indian Parsnip Soup with Coriander Sambal
- Delicious Chocolate Cake
- Redskin Fudge
- Sticky Date Pudding