THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 600 grams fennel
- 6 spring onions, cut into 1-2cm pieces
- 600 grams fish fillets, barramundi, atlantic salmon
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 2-3 pinches pepper, white (if available), otherwise black
- 500 grams water
- 1 teaspoon Vege stock paste
- 4 oranges, filleted, catch the juice
- 10 gram white sugar
- 10 grams Corn Flour
- 20 grams cherry, (optional)
- 100 grams orange juice, from filleting oranges
- 100 grams sour cream, (optional)
- 700 grams potatoes, cut into 2-3cm pieces
- 1 sprig Dill, chopped small
- 2 carrots, sliced (optional)
- 50 grams Butter
- 150 grams Milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Vege stock paste
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Roughly chop the fennel on a board. Add fennel (except for leaves) into mixing bowl, chop 4-5 sec on speed 5, then transfer into greased varoma dish with spring onions and add carrots if using.
2. season the fish fillets with salt, pepper and sprinkle lemon juice over fillets, garnish with dill or thyme (depending on fish) and sit in varoma tray
3. add water and vege stock paste into mixing bowl, weigh the potatoes into simmering basket, then close lid, sit varoma on top and steam 20mins/varoma/speed 1, then transfer fish and vegetables into thermo server, with the help of spatula, remove simmering basket and sit potatoes aside and empty mixing bowl
1. Add orange filets and sugar into mixing bowl, cook 3mins/100 degrees//speed 1 without measuring cup
2. mix cornflour and orange juice (from filleting the oranges) in a small bowl, then add to mixing bowl with cherry (optional) and sour cream (optional) and cook 2mins/100 degrees/speed 1, then transfer into a sauce jug
3. add finely chopped fennel leaves on top, stir with a fork. Clean mixing bowl
1. Attach butterfly and add cooked potatoes, add salt, stock, milk and butter, then mix 10 seconds on speed 4
Serve immediately with fish, vegetables and pour over orange sauce.
Fish and fennel
If you prefer rice instead of mashed potatoes with this meal, add to simmering basket, wash and rinse rice first, then top the water up to 1000 grams of water and extend steaming time by 5mins to 25mins.
You can use any type of fish that would suit this recipe and vegetable mix. I prefer atlantic salmon or barramundi but have tried it with gurnard and flathead before and liked that too. Adjust steaming time to size of fish fillets. You can always take the fish out earlier than the veges and keep warm in thermo server.
If the fish is not fully cooked after 20mins of steaming, take out the vegetables and transfer into thermo server and steam the fish another 5mins. Then check again. The potatoes can stay in simmering basket during this process.
Sliced carrots are an additional vegetable to give this recipe some more colour and texture. You can experiment with others.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Salmon Curry
- Steamed Tuna Loaf
- Cheesy Tuna Mornay
- Fish with ginger, chilli and soy dressing.
- Garlic Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- Creamy Tuscan salmon with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes
- Z's Grilled Octopus
- Creamy Tuna Tomato & Pasta
- FISH FILLETS 'ALLO STILE GENNARO CONTALDO'
- Thai Fish Cakes (Tod mun pla)
- Tuna, Zucchini and Pea Slice
- Braised Jew Fish
- Rosemary & Garlic Broccoli Bread
- Japanese Devilled Eggs
- Deep Pan Pizza Dough
- Cantonese style Sweet Corn and Crab Meat Soup
- Five Ingredient Thai Green Curry Recipe:
- Veg Thai green curry recipe
- Pumpkin Pie
- Salted Cashew and Coconut Slice
- Blood Orange Marmalade
- Rosa's Vol au Vents
- Banoffee Porridge
- Blue Cheese & Sesame Biscuits