- 2 fillets Salmon, or fish of choice
- 3 cm ginger, fresh, cut in 3cm julienne strips
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded if preferred
- 2 portions Asian greens
- 300 g Jasmine rice
- 60 g light soy sauce
- 1 lime, approx 2 tbsp
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 pieces spring onions/shallots, cut in 8cm fulienne strips
- 2 sprigs coriander, leaves only
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
9Alcohol-free Egg free Non-dairy Vegetarian Autumn Christmas Easter Father's Day Grandparent's Day Mother's Day New Year’s Eve Spring Summer Valentine’s Day Winter Cooking for 2 person Cooking for single person Easy Quick Asian Dinner Everyday Main course Thai Fish dish Seafood dish Steam cooking Steam cooking with Varoma All-in-one cooking with Varoma
- Cut spring onions/shallots into 8cm julienne and place in a bowl of chilled water and set aside to curl.
Break off a few coriander leaves if desired.
These are for garnish only.
- Add 900ml hot water, 1 tspn salt, dash of oil to TM bowl.
- Place rinsed rice in simmering basket Cook 12mins/Varoma/sp 3 MC on
- Add all sauce ingredients in a bowl and stir to mix. Set aside
- Place fish fillets on tray, cover with prepared sauce, sliced ginger and chilli and place in the varoma tray.
- If using Meater+, insert probe into thickest part of fillet
- When rice has cooked for the set 12 mins, add varoma with fish and set cook for 7 mins/Varoma/Sp 3 (Set up and Start Cook using Meater App)
- Remove Varoma tray and add Asian greens to Varoma dish on trivet. Replace Varoma tray with fish and cook further 4 mins/Varoma/Sp3
- Meater app will alert you when salmon is to be removed and set aside to rest.
If not using Meater, check Salmon is cooking to your liking after the 11 mins. Depending on thickness of fillets, may need up to 5 more minutes but do not forget to let it rest for at least 5 mins when it will continue cooking after removing from the steam.
- Rice should be ready after the 23 mins (jasmine) but 2-3 mins more may be required if using medium grain white rice.
- Place rice and greens in bowl, laying the fish on top.
Pour sauce over the fish and into the rice and scoop ginger and chilli to sit on top of the fish
Garnish with the strained, curled shallots and coriander leaves.
Drizzle lightly with sesame oil
Prepare the vegetables
Cook Salmon, Greens and Continue Cooking Rice
Garnish to serve
Accessories you need
Recipe allows for the use of the Meater+ but is not required.
Read all instructions first as this is a layered cooking recipe and can be completed in under 30 mins. Prepare vegetables and mix marinade once rice is steaming.
It is preferable to sit a tray in the varoma tray to contain the sauce eg the stainless steel tray from the MixShop is perfect.
Sit Asian greens on a trivet or crossed forkes in the varoma dish to allow steam to penetrate through the holes.
Enjoy this delicious Asian inspired steamed salmon dish and dont forget to come back and give your rating or feedback. Thanks
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Laksa Penang
- online bangles set
- Ceviche with avocado mousse
- Teriyaki Salmon with Rice and Sesame Vegetables
- Dill Sauce
- Steamed Octopus with punched potatoes and green beans
- Perfect Fish / Prawn Tacos with Slaw
- Avocado Lime sauce (for fish Taco)
- Fara's Salmon Curry
- Warm Salmon Salad
- Tasty Mussel Fritters
- Steamed South Pacific Fish