THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 370 grams barramundi fillets, seasoned with salt and pepper
- lemon juice, to taste
- 800 grams potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 190 grams full cream milk
- sea salt, to taste
- 60 grams Butter, 2x 30g portions
- 20 grams Parmesan cheese, grated
- 10 grams fresh parsley leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 250 grams thickened cream
- 20 grams lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 60-100 grams Baby Spinach Leaves
Line the Varoma tray with damp baking paper ensuring the side vents are unobstructed. Place salt and pepper seasoned barramundi fillets onto the baking paper and drizzle with lemon juice. Cover with the Varoma lid and set aside.
Add potatoes, milk and salt to taste into the Thermomix bowl. Close the lid and place the Varoma bowl with the tray of fish on top and cook 25 minutes / 100oC / speed 2.
Take off the Varoma bowl and set aside. Do not remove the fish from the Varoma tray; leave it covered until ready to use.
Insert butterfly. Add 30g butter and Parmesan to the mash 30 sec / speed 4. Empty mash into your ThermoServer and set aside. Wash and dry the bowl to start making the sauce.
Add parsley leaves and garlic cloves and chop 3 sec / speed 7.
Add 30g butter and melt 40 sec / 30oC / speed 4.
Add thickened cream, lemon juice, salt, pepper and cornflour and cook MC off, 10 mins / 100oC / speed 1.
While the sauce is cooking, divide the spinach amongst the plates. Then divide the mash and portions of fish on each plate.
When it has finished cooking, pour the lemon butter sauce on top of each fish. Serve immediately.
Depending on the thickness of your barramundi, you may need to steam it for a little bit longer. Also depending on how much your guests like it, there may be some potato mash left over. The sauce is also on the runnier side so add more cornflour to thicken your sauce to the consistency you desire. Also feel free to swap the spinach leaves to a salad of your choice.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Creamed Salmon Loaf
- Teriyaki salmon with rice
- Cheesy Salmon Pie
- Chilli Mussels
- Coconut Rice with Salmon and veggies ALL IN ONE
- Salmon and couscous salad with lemon dressing
- Tuna and Ricotta Balls
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Mums Tuna Mornay
- Variation Chilli, Garlic Tomato Prawns
- Curried tuna
- Creamy Garlic Prawn Linguine (w Low Carb, Dairy Free, Vegetarian Variations)
- Caldaretta (Filipino Beef Stew)
- Chocolate Tagliatelle with Choc Hazelnut Sauce
- Pink Moscato Panna Cotta with Pistachios
- Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken
- Barbecue Pork Belly Skewers
- Crayfish Tails Steamed in Beer
- Mango Mousse Cups
- Chocolate Malteser Fudge
- Caramalised Onion and Blue Cheese Sauce
- Greek Chicken Pinwheels
- Brownie Batter Spread
- Sweet Filipino Spaghetti
- Cookie Dough Protein Bars
- Gingerbread sweet potato slice
- Variation Honey Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
- Peanut butter short bread
- Nigella's Chocolate Gingerbread
- Double layer chocolate frosted Birthday cake
- Healthy Chocolate, Raspberry and Blueberry muffins
- GF DF Savoury Muffins
- Bulgolgi (Korean Beef)
- Choc Quinoa Brownie
- Super Hot Chilli Jam