- 70 g Salted Cashew nuts
- 3 spring onions (chopped)
- 1 large green chilli (chopped, seeds left in)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 stalk Lemon grass (thinly sliced)
- 3 bay leaves
- 30 g olive oil
- 400 g coconut milk
- 750 g raw prawns (peeled)
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- 80 g fish sauce
- 20 g raw sugar
- half a red capsicum (de-seeded & sliced)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Plase cashew nuts into the TM bowl and mill for 6 seconds / speed 9. SET ASIDE for later
Place spring onions, chilli, garlic, lemon grass & bay leaves into TM bowl and mill for 10 seconds / speed 7.
add oil and saute 2 mins / varoma temp / speed 1
add coconut milk and cook 5 minutes / varoma temp / speed 1
Slowly blend sauce for 30 seconds / going from Speed 5 to Speed 9 gradually. Continue to blend for 10 seconds / speed 9.
Add prawns and cook for 6 minutes / varoma temp / / . If prawns are frozen cook for an additional 2 minutes.
Add fish sauce, fresh basil, sugar, red capsicum and cashew nuts (from step 1) and cook for 2 minutes / varoma temp / /
Serve with steamed rice and sprinkle with fresh corriander leaves (if you like).
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Teriyaki salmon with rice
- Cheesy Salmon Pie
- Chilli Mussels
- Coconut Rice with Salmon and veggies ALL IN ONE
- Salmon and couscous salad with lemon dressing
- Tuna and Ricotta Balls
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Mums Tuna Mornay
- Variation Chilli, Garlic Tomato Prawns
- Curried tuna
- Creamy Garlic Prawn Linguine (w Low Carb, Dairy Free, Vegetarian Variations)
- Creamy Garlic Prawn
- Naturally sweetened Condensed Milk
- Berry nice Zucchini cake
- Cambodian Chicken & Cashew nuts
- Bounty Custard
- Layered bacon & lettuce salad
- 10 minute Tuna Pasta
- Chicken & Lentil Dhal with Instant Naan Bread
- Sugarless Fig & Ginger Chocolate Custard
- Red Velvet Hot Chocolate Drink
- Steamy Pork & Vegetable Stir-fry
- Cherry Ripe Custard
- Chicken & Mushroom Profiteroles
- Tracy’s Beef Rendang
- Satay noodle salad
- Mushroom bolognese
- Lamb & Feta Rissoles
- The Fast 800 Cowboy Baked Beans converted by Thermo-lish
- Timorese tamarind BBQ sauce
- Pasta Alla Norma
- Lettuce and Pea Soup
- Chicken spinach and basil dumplings
- Hidden veggie chicken sausage rolls
- Meatloaf with Honey Mustard Glaze