- 200 g water
- 500 g clams
- 400 g juicy tomatoes
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 long fresh red chilli, seeds remove
- 300 g ice
- 200 g vodka
- 500 g cooked clams
- 200 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 red shalllots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 80 g unsalted, roasted peanuts
- 1 tbsp ikan bilis (dried anchovies), optional
- 10 sprigs coriander, leaves only
- 10 sprigs Thai basil, leaves only
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 60 g clam broth
- 2 tbsp Neil Perry's chilli sauce, optional
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place water into mixing bowl and clams into simmering basket and cook 7 min/Varoma/speed 1. Remove simmering basket with aid of spatula, reserve clams for Clam Salad (or linguini with tomatoes and parsley, another favourite). Reserve 150 g of the steaming liquid for the Bloody Caesar and the remaining to use in the dressing for the Clam Salad.
Place 150 g of reserved steaming liquid, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, chilli, ice and vodka and blend 45 sec/speed 10.
Pour into a tall glass.
Toss reserved cooked clams with tomatoes, shallots, peanuts, ikan bilis and herbs. Place lime juice, fish sauce, sesame oil and reserved clam broth in a jar and shake to combine. Drizzle dressing over salad and gently combine. Dollop with chilli sauce.
Bloody Caesar is the Canadian version of a Bloody Mary cocktail and it's usually made with 'Clamato', a comercial drink that combines 'clam juice' and tomato. My version uses fresh clam stock, reserved from steaming clams. The clams are then used in a Thai-style salad.
For more great Thermomix recipes & videos see danivalent.com
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mum's Easy Salmon Parcels with Quinoa and Pak Choy
- lchf fish cardomon curry
- Tuna Mornay with Hidden Vegetables
- Tuna Mornay
- Roasted snapper with Romesco, pickled vegetable and ricotta salad and a pink grapefruit Hollandaise - Mark Southon
- Quinoa and Salmon Pumpkin Salad
- Sou vide Moreton Bay Bug with cauliflower 3 ways, brioche crumb and hollandaise - Josh Lopez
- Jamie Oliver's Tray Baked Sole
- Tuna Mornay
- GLUTEN FREE CRISPY BATTER FOR FISH
- Tuna Patties with Sunflower & Pepita Crumb
- Tomato, lentil and fish dahl
- Malt loaf
- Varoma Porridge for one
- Bolognaise Sauce - Smooth
- Apple and Date Hot Cross Buns
- Cheese and bacon bread
- Heavenly Hot Cross Buns
- Mangoffee Protein Shake
- My Version of Sous Vide Eggs
- Perfect Pizza Dough - one serving
- Custard Cross Buns
- Thick Chicken Pasta Broth
- Chicken Loaf style seitan (vegan meat)