- 1 whole fresh fish, scaled and cleaned (400 - 600 g)
- rock or sea salt, to taste
- 800 g water
- 10-15 slices ginger, fresh &amp;amp;amp; shredded
- 1 shallot, shredded
- 20 grams oil
- 20 grams light soy sauce
- 20 grams dark soy sauce
- 10 grams sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon castor sugar
- 2 teaspoon Chinese Rice Wine, or cooking wine ( optional)
- --- chopped coriander root
- coriander leaf for garnish
Recipe is created for
91st main course 2nd main course Main course Starter Alcohol-free Egg free Non-dairy Autumn Carnival Chinese New Year Christmas Halloween Spring Summer Valentine’s Day Winter BBQ Buffet Everyday Holiday Chinese Creative Easy Low budget Natural Quick Brunch Dinner Lunch Supper Australian European Fish dish Rice dish Seafood dish Steam cooking Steam cooking with Varoma Stir frying All-in-one cooking with Varoma
Make a cut diagonally on surface of fish body. Rub salt on both sides and cavity of fish.
Ginger pieces/slices on top (and bottom if u like) and inside fish cavity.
Line Varoma tray with baking paper and place fish on top.
Place water into the mixing bowl and boil 7 min/Varoma temp/speed 1.
Place Varoma dish into position.
Steam 30 - 40 min/Veroma temp/speed 3.
Once cooked, transfer steamed fish on to a plate.
Remove ginger from fish (optional). Place chopped spring onion on top of fish and maybe some chopped fresh coriander roots.
Pour out left over water in mixing bowl.
Place oil, soy sauce( sugar and wine, mixing bowl and cook 1-2 min/100 C/ speed 1.
(Or you can heat up a wok, add peanut oil and fry off sauce, when boiled pour over fish)
Pour sauce over fish and serve immediately.
Add coriander leaves as garnish
Method- Use a full fish with head and tail, great for presentation
Accessories you need
Serve with fresh rice and steamed chinese veggies
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Steamed fish with Ginger and Soy
- Mussles in a Maltese Fish Sauce
- Penang Har Mee (Prawns noodles)
- Mussels in wine sauce
- Thermofied by Nads - Meg Yonson Jerk Salmon Bowl
- Sweet curried prawns
- Prawn and Pineapple Curry
- Variation Easy Tasty Tuna Pasta
- Asian Inspired Steamed Salmon
- Easter Brunch Kedgeree
- Alfredo with prawns
- Miso salmon with rice and vegetables
- Gluten free lemon meringue pie
- Orange drizzle cake
- Dans Cinnamon Scrolls
- Apple & Walnut Muffins - Gluten Free
- Gluten Free Cheesecake (with dairy free option)
- Pork Pot Stickers
- Vegetable Stock Paste - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Butterscotch Self-Saucing Pudding - RPAH/Failsafe Friendly
- Soft bread rolls (Bosnian Kifle)
- Chicken rice paste
- Hainanese Chicken