- 1 kilo mussels, debearded and cleaned
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 cm ginger
- 1 red chilli, deseeded or not, as desired
- 20 g peanut oil, (or rice bran oil)
- 400 g coconut milk
- 4 Kaffir lime leaves
- 1 stick lemongrass, gently crushed with a flat knife
- 80 g sweet potato, (1cm cubes)
- 80 g cherry tomatoes
- torn basil and/or coriander leaves, (1 handful)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1. Place mussels in the varoma dish. Place lid on, without varoma tray, and set aside.
- Place garlic, ginger and chilli into the bowl and chop 5 seconds, speed 7.
- Scrape down sides of the bowl using spatula.
- Add oil and sauté for 2 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 1.
- Add coconut milk, Kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass stick, sweet potato cubes, cherry tomatoes, basil/coriander, fish sauce and sugar.
- Place varoma into position and cook for 14 minutes at varoma temperature, reverse, Speed 1.
- Fish out lemongrass stick and kaffir lime leaves from sauce, if possible.
- Divide mussels into bowls and pour over fragrant thai sauce.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Thermofied by Nads - Meg Yonson Jerk Salmon Bowl
- Sweet curried prawns
- Prawn and Pineapple Curry
- Variation Easy Tasty Tuna Pasta
- Asian Inspired Steamed Salmon
- Easter Brunch Kedgeree
- Alfredo with prawns
- Miso salmon with rice and vegetables
- Salmon Curry
- Steamed Tuna Loaf
- Cheesy Tuna Mornay
- Fish with ginger, chilli and soy dressing.
- Chicken Tikka Pathia (adapted from British Indian Restaurant/Take Away recipes)
- BB's Chicken & Corn Soup
- Khichari / Kachari / Kacaharee / Kachari / Kchree /
- Butternut Pumpkin Soup - onion free
- Favourite German mashpotato spinach cheese bake
- Chicken and Vegetable Pie
- Janine's Spicy Popcorn Cauliflower - Thermie and Friends
- Potato Gnocchi with creamy chicken and mushroom
- Curried Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
- Vegan potato bake with browned onions
- Vegan Creamy tomato and pepperoni fettuccine
- Raw Lemon Slice